Aftermarket B&C kits

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weimedog

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Aftermarket Piston & Cylinder kits

Wrong title..sorry..meant Piston & Cylinder

There is the appearance of multiple brands...at least price points on ebay. Are there multiple brands? Who builds there and where? Which would be best to build a "custom" Husqvarna model 61 Rancher into a 272 sleeper saw?

AND Whats the real "power related" hard parts difference between a 61 Rancher & Model 61. They both seem to have the same Bore & Stroke along with Carb listings. Look slike the cover is different & possibly the muffler. Any thing Else?

Last edited:
I haven't yet seen multiple aftermarket brands for the 272...but I do know that Bailey's has a decent quality aftermarket kit- 272 cylinder and piston

Keep in mind if you do the switch, you'll need the 272 intake block and muffler.

One of the Husqvarna gurus should be able to give you more info on the differences in the various 61 models. I do know that the Rancher model had an update to the carburetor and crankshaft. I have the technical bulletins on them at home.

Did the early 61s have the idle screw in the case and then later the idle screw was on the carb?

Latest posts

Back