Aftermarket cylinder testers needed, Reduced price for your opinion and comments!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Husqvarna EPA 55 was a closed port windowed piston design that was a better runner than the others in that series. We need a copy of that top end "knocked off". :)

OK, send me that one and a 346XP and an 088 and I'll get her done!!! REALLY, Send one that is not usable just to get the measurements of the ports and timing, one you don't care if they ever come back.

I was asked from the manufacturer for a cylinder to copy... which ever one I wanted, lets get a handful!

Here we go:msp_w00t:

OK, send me that one and a 346XP and an 088 and I'll get her done!!! REALLY, Send one that is not usable just to get the measurements of the ports and timing, one you don't care if they ever come back.

I was asked from the manufacturer for a cylinder to copy... which ever one I wanted, lets get a handful!

Maybe a dumb question, but why not send a ported one?

I can supply some 346 NE's

call me crazy ,but wouldnt that hurt a builders buisiness if they gave up their porting to a cylinder you could bolt on off the shelf ?

call me crazy ,but wouldnt that hurt a builders buisiness if they gave up their porting to a cylinder you could bolt on off the shelf ?

Maybe, but they don't seem to make exact copies. I was thinking you could get a cylinder that was better than factory, performance-wise and still have some room for improvement with a port job.

Maybe widened ports with stockish timing numbers?

How do you tell? I've got a 55 here that is locked up because of bearing failure, older saw.

It would be made between '98 and '01. And if you look at the cylinder just above the clutch cover, they will have ++++ markings on them. There are some differences in the fins, I'll get some pics.

Last edited:
It would be made between '98 and '01. And if you look at the cylinder just above the clutch cover, they will have ++++ markings on them. The fins are cut different also, IIRC there are only 3 full fins on the top of the intake side on the CP cylinders.

Mine has 5 fins, say's Mahle on it and is dated 03'

Back