Aftermarket cylinder testers needed, Reduced price for your opinion and comments!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am just down the road in the "big" city with the "basket". Holler if you need a hand:......or a beer:cheers:. I have high speed internet here in civilization......just need to learn the skills to take and post a video:msp_unsure:

My OL works for that place,still weaving ! Not sure how she can still weave baskets after 20 some years ! I am only 10 mins from the plant.

We will have to try and get together sometime ! Now I got to figure out to do a video ! LOL

Last edited:
My OL works for that place,still weaving ! Not sure how she can still weave baskets after 20 some years ! I am only 10 mins from the plant.

We will have to try and get together sometime ! Now I got to figure out to do a video ! LOL

Unfortunately I don't have the Chimp's mad computer skills:msp_wink:....I can video.....to load it we may need to find some younger smarter help. What could possibly go wrong:dunno:

Great thread and I'm glad to see things are rolling right along with it. I have not read but a few of the opening post in this tread. I have to leave soon to go buy some smoked saws. Makitas look to be the soup of the day.

I do have some really good data compiled from a fried 025 I just did recently and updated it to a 250 quad transfer kit. It was photoed before and after the port job. There are some comparison side by side pics. It was assembled both ways but only run after the port job. I found some very interesting things in this kit and was quite surprised by the fit, finish and performance from it.

I will get all my data in order and pics to be posted up by the weekend. The pics suck and are quite blurry :msp_angry: Need to get a new camera asap.

On target to do BB Makitas when they get here Randy. Ported and non ported plug and play.

Be back tonight to catch up on this tread.:msp_wink:

Speaking of being nauseous.....Tom sent me a pic that made me puke a little. You should ask him about it.......hell I'll have him send it to you since I'm your friend and all. :msp_wink:

I wanna see. I have seen some nasty stuff so bring it on.

Anything to fit a husky 50?

+1.

I've got an old white top Husky 50 with a roached P/C coming to me soon and could use a kit for it. I imagine it's one of the 'early' saws with the smaller crankcase bore (and therefore can't take the 51-55 cylinders without some grindin'). I'd like to bump displacement on the saw, but don't really want to mess with opening up that case register.

Also got a 288XP project (maybe 1.5 projects...) on the way. Got any of those P/C sets for testing Randy? Would prefer one with a decomp if possible...

+1.

I've got an old white top Husky 50 with a roached P/C coming to me soon and could use a kit for it. I imagine it's one of the 'early' saws with the smaller crankcase bore (and therefore can't take the 51-55 cylinders without some grindin'). I'd like to bump displacement on the saw, but don't really want to mess with opening up that case register.

Also got a 288XP project (maybe 1.5 projects...) on the way. Got any of those P/C sets for testing Randy? Would prefer one with a decomp if possible...

Don't carry anything in Husky 50... but have a nice HyWay kit with a 90 day warranty for under $100 and maybe even under $100 with shipping! That's a 90 day warranty against failure!

Forgive me, as I'm a bit dense sometimes....

Don't carry anything in Husky 50... but have a nice HyWay kit with a 90 day warranty for under $100 and maybe even under $100 with shipping! That's a 90 day warranty against failure!

Making sure I understand you Randy..................the HyWay kit you're speakin' of is for the 288XP (as you have nothing for the 50)? Does it have provisions for a comp release?

Making sure I understand you Randy..................the HyWay kit you're speakin' of is for the 288XP (as you have nothing for the 50)? Does it have provisions for a comp release?

Closer inspection say's "NO", it's geared towards the 181/281 and is small at 54mm.

The Meteor kit is a direct replacement for the 288XP. PM me when your ready.. I'll hook you up!

It wasn't always that way.......I used to love me some Crown Royal. My liver went into #### it mode and I had to give all alcohol up........it's been almost ten years since I had a drink.

Sippin on some sweet tea right now my friend. :msp_wink:

Hey Randy the weather here sucks. That sweet tea will kill you faster than the crown will if taken in moderation.

Update to this thread.

Have had some response and three of the 7 kits have left the building.

You guys that "Rogered Up" still interested? If not, PM me and I'll let them go to someone else.

The kits that went were a 290, 440, and an 066. Also seen a Meteor Husky 55 go out and wonder what the owner thinks of that one, I've never had my hands on the 55 kit, curious to see what comes of it.

Update to this thread.

You guys that "Rogered Up" still interested? If not, PM me and I'll let them go to someone else.

The kits that went were a 290, 440, and an 066. Also seen a Meteor Husky 55 go out and wonder what the owner thinks of that one, I've never had my hands on the 55 kit, curious to see what comes of it.

I got a 55 Meteor kit and sent it along to a new owner. I've not heard anything back either. It was not a windowed piston though.

Update to this thread.

Just got the 440 kit today,at first look,It looks very good ! Pix and a new thread in a bit !

Latest posts

Back