Aftermarket Piston Kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradgil

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Got my 026 piston kit from Baileys and installed it everything was good quality, but haven't fired it up yet.

My question is the wrist pin was not as long as the original and therefore does not reach all the way to the circlips. I didn't take measurements, but just guessing, I would say it is 1/8" shorter on each side.

Would this be ok, or should I use the old one? Or, could it be possibly packaged wrong?

-Brad

bradgil said:
Got my 026 piston kit from Baileys and installed it everything was good quality, but haven't fired it up yet.

My question is the wrist pin was not as long as the original and therefore does not reach all the way to the circlips. I didn't take measurements, but just guessing, I would say it is 1/8" shorter on each side.

Would this be ok, or should I use the old one? Or, could it be possibly packaged wrong?

-Brad

If I understand you correctly, it's a 1/4 inch short??? Get the right one.... If the original is o.k., then just reuse it.

At the time, I was just excited to get it all back together and didn't compare the two pins. I noticed that the new one was somewhat shorter, but went ahead and used it. But, now I am becoming concerned about it.

Yes, I would say the pin is 3/16 to 1/4 too short.

I had to order another 026 piston kit for another project saw, so I'll see what it looks like and post up the specs of the two pins.

-Brad

bradgil said:
At the time, I was just excited to get it all back together and didn't compare the two pins. I noticed that the new one was somewhat shorter, but went ahead and used it. But, now I am becoming concerned about it.

Yes, I would say the pin is 3/16 to 1/4 too short.

I had to order another 026 piston kit for another project saw, so I'll see what it looks like and post up the specs of the two pins.

-Brad

Don't run it...

I agree with Andy; put the original back in and don't worry about it; as I've done that before and its still running like a champ. My kit; purchased on ebay came without a pin and I popped the old one back in with no trouble, etc etc etc. The important thing to replace in my case was the cylinder, piston and rings -- the pin was fine.

Latest posts

Back