Aftermarket slugs and jugs nmurph please respond?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in no w:msp_angry:ay trying to alienate anyone, I'm simply sharing my opinion of a builder. There are quite a few people that call themself saw builders that I wouldn't let sharpen my chains.

There's also a lot of highly talented guys here that build a strong machine and do very well at the GTGs and races, not to mention they work everyday running saws and falling timber.

Sorry, I am getting senile.... Which "Randy" are we talking about?

Savage. Oooooooooh YEAH!

macho-man-randy-savage.jpg

Not trying to open any old wounds here but I just now noticed this thread. Neal made no attempt to PM me or email me about a possible solution to the problem but I'm OK with that. Mastermind made a very generous offer which I took him up on. I am going to write a review of mastermind's work after I get the saw back.....but only if the review is positive. I'm not interested in being put through the shredder again.

Ya know, I consider both Randy and Neal to be friends. Both do excellent work. Like most saw builders on here they have learned from mistakes, and build better saws with good results. Having read both threads concerning this 346 I would like to see this saw and the teardown results with photos.

Hell, you could have sent it to Lincoln, Nebraska and I would have fixed it for nothing, just to see that saw.

Not trying to open any old wounds here but I just now noticed this thread. Neal made no attempt to PM me or email me about a possible solution to the problem but I'm OK with that. Mastermind made a very generous offer which I took him up on. I am going to write a review of mastermind's work after I get the saw back.....but only if the review is positive. I'm not interested in being put through the shredder again.

Opening old wounds is what you have done. Revisiting issues that were thought to be resolved and writing reviews on an AS member that offered his assistance only if the review is positive????????...................the shredder is where you appear to be headed with this post

Hope Ol' Randy doesnt give this the time of day. I hate for him to get involved in this.... or any builder for that matter- seems like a trap.

Used equipment is like investing in the stock market. If we benefit from it, oh, how we brag, but, if we lose our shirt, we have no one to blame but ourselves. A good illustration is when you point a finger, there's always 3 more pointing back at you.

You just keep finding ways of sinking even lower...

Randy should have stayed out of this and you don't deserve to have him touch your saw. Your "reviews" mean nothing to me and probably very little to anyone else. You don't have the power to sway their business one way or the other, you just ain't that big or important, nobody cares that much what you think. This forum is worse off for your participation and if you get mad and leave that would be too little, too late.

Mr. HE:cool:

Last edited:
I'm not digging back through to find it, but I thought Neal offered to fix the saw once he found out what actually happened.

Yeah, he did. Far nicer offer than I would have made. This "chainsaw buyer" is so unreasonable that he is redefining the meaning of the word.

Mr. HE:cool:

Back