Afternoon from sunny New England

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NHden

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello to all. I've been lurking for half the year and finally was coerced into registering by the very helpful photos of issues and fixes you guys have posted. Became a chainsaw guy this summer and Stihl fan. Only saw before was a 20 year old Homelite XL purchased new. Still looks like new. I'm just a homeowner so no pro use. But I like pro tools whenever I can get them. Have several 170s, a 261 no computer, and just finished building an MS200T parts kit which looks like the real deal. Baptism by fire occurred when I ran the first, new MS170 with the brake on several times. Very dumb but assumed the brake was more complex and "smart". Nah, it just takes the whole side to frying temperature quickly. Rebuilt that saw with no warranty of course but some very nice help from Stihl. No details. The MS200T kit probably could not have been completed as quickly without info on this forum. So thanks to all. I'm a saw newbee but will jump in if I can help with electronics questions or some machining.

Back