Again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toddppm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
To close out 2008, got robbed for the 3rd time. Broke into my mow trailer and stole all the small equipment, most that was replaced from the earlier theft in the year.

Stihl FS 80 trimmers (2) serial # 272817136
Stihl BR550 Blowers (2) #271450106
Stihl FC75 Edger #272920377

I wasn't going to post it again but I think by having the serial #'s on here there might just be a greater chance of them being recognized as stolen than the police filing their BS reports.

The 3 minutes it took them to get me a case # and a fax # to send the description of the equipment doesn't give me much faith in them finding a damn thing.

Do they ever find anything ?

All 3 times I was told the serial numbers go into a nationwide database. If that was the case and the info was correct even 50% of the time, you'd think they'd be finding so much stolen crap all the time they'd have no place to store it all.:censored: That's if they were doing proper follow up and their job.............property crimes are so low on their list of things to do , they can't get a medal or advancement for finding a little stolen eqpt.

3 times....sheesh, thats terrible did you ever think about maybe putting a gps chip in a piece of your equipment, if your lucks like mine they`d steal everything but that one!!

LXT..............sorry about your loss!

I did some checking on it after the first time but didn't find anything reasonable. Lojack is a joke but the gps needs to be hard wired or a very very good battery installed. I am thinking about it though. For now I'm just trying to make it harder and harder for the P'sOS to get access to my stuff. I did get an alarm system for my shop set up and have everything inside for now.

I'll make a note of those serial numbers. Does No.Va mean Northern Virginia? If it does I'm just down I-81 from you a few counties. Perhaps whoever got your stuff will venture down this way for service, trade, whatever, and we might get lucky.

Back