Al Gore's Global warming in full effect

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't pay al enough carbon credits this year no wonder its cold . Yeah its minus 14 here and dropping fast

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 9
I didn't pay al enough carbon credits this year no wonder its cold . Yeah its minus 14 here and dropping fast
Dang. You've got me beat thus far!

That -40 degree windchill is the real kicker though!

I finally had to break down for the first time and put a heat lamp over the chickens. I'm respecting you Minnesota and Alaska guys today. 5 minutes in that wind was I'll wanted to handle! And I wasn't wearing a T-shirt like in it like you all do either! lol

I finally found the max of my old trusty hotblast too for the 3500 sq ft of basement and house I'm heating. I've got the firebox pegged and the fuel oil furnace has still has kicked on a few times. I've had fun tending it on my day off with a few cold ones and way too much sit time! I'd weigh 300 lbs if all winter was like this!

-6 here before windchill and supposed to go down all day. I know we're not near as bad as a lot of you out there but it is pretty nippy. Looks like it's hardwood time for a while! I think I have some indoor stuff today ;)

MVC-001S_20.JPG

Stove will be getting a visit more than once a day with this.

http://www.treehugger.com/corporate...-al-gore-ice-sculpture-stirs-controversy.html

Too bad nobody's yet mentioned the steamy breath of the south that's been blowing over us for the last day or so. Temps up in the 50s, with like 100 RH. Lots of soggy mud on top of frozen ground underneath.

I guess it's the "global" part that's hard for some folks to wrap their minds around. Integrating over such a huge 3-dimensional space takes a super-computer, or three. Sometimes best to start with a little humility and "I don't know, but I'll find out."

I've heard that "feminine logic" involves arriving at a conclusion then maybe finding facts. Maybe.

Geez, maybe this belongs in the political forum.
It's 6 degrees here now, but the weekend sure doesn't look like winter in Northeast PA.
By the way, this 7 day forecast is going to change everyday.
Maybe Al was right.

7day.jpg

Kevin

Geez, maybe this belongs in the political forum.
It's 6 degrees here now, but the weekend sure doesn't look like winter in Northeast PA.
By the way, this 7 day forecast is going to change everyday.
Maybe Al was right.

7day.jpg

Kevin
I see you're relying on Tom and Maureen. That's why the forecast changes daily.

Somebody oughta mention Record Ice thickness and the record coldest temperature just taken at minus 136 . Life for us is short (only. 7 or so decades if your fortunate ) on this planet and Our climate naturally goes in cycles it always has and always will we've only accurately studied it for a hundred or so years
Let's not be alarmists and cry the sky is falling . Yes its warm some places and very cold in others but guess what you are not going to do a thing a bout it . Paying a charlatan like liberal al carbon credits or driving a Prius for a billion years is not going to change one half of one degree any where so let's stop feeling bad about ourselves over what a group of biased scientists preach on. The same fool scientists that think all life came from non-life and everything came from nothing ..lightning zapped a rock a kazillion years ago we and our kids are just evolved pond scum . Cosmic accidents of sorts. ...I choose to use my own mind and rational logic instead. You won't catch me losing sleep that part of the Indian Ocean temperature was half a degree higher this year than last. .. Guess I'm bad .. Sorry don't care .. Won't care next year either

Last edited:
-26c here this morning a new record since 1970, the high winds and drifting snow made for a wonderful day and night.
Going all the way up to -20c today.

-26c here this morning a new record since 1970, the high winds and drifting snow made for a wonderful day and night.
Going all the way up to -20c today.

Pretty amazing when you think about it. Basically a 100 degree difference between your inside and outside temps. I'm just glad I'm not having to scrounge for wood in this. Cars steering felt like it had wheel bearing grease in it last night. Drove 18 minutes and never got up to normal operating temp on the guage, Crazy stuff.

I like all the photos! It is 12 degrees here in north LA this morning. Supposedly some kind of record low! Coldest i can remember! No snow or sleet, put there are plenty of busted pipes! We are just not set up to deal with winter this cold! I don't know how y'all up on the north side do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It got down to about +1 degree F last night here. I drank three beers watching the BCS Championship game last night so I woke up every 2.5 hours to fill the stove and use the bathroom. The first floor was a little cool but we did pretty well considering. My house is over 100 years old so the design layout of the rooms does not lend itself well to air circulation.

I guess it's the "global" part that's hard for some folks to wrap their minds around.

Wouldn't the term "global" mean the whole globe. It should be called area warming since there are places that haven't warmed. Here it's been below average for 2 years and the first summer without 1 day getting to 90 in a long, long time. Proven facts are man could be speeding this natural cycle of the earth up but we are not causing it. This happened before man was here, it is happening while we are here, and it will happen when we are gone. The proper term would be earth climate cycle not global warming nor greeenhouse effect.

I like all the photos! It is 12 degrees here in north LA this morning. Supposedly some kind of record low! Coldest i can remember! No snow or sleet, put there are plenty of busted pipes! We are just not set up to deal with winter this cold! I don't know how y'all up on the north side do it!

No busted pipes here, but when the temp went below zero all the appliances went haywire and crashed. Microwave, VCR, computer, refrigerator, everything. Even the dog started spinning endless circles. They just weren't set up to handle the negative numbers....

:confused:

Latest posts

Back