Al Gore's Global warming in full effect

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like all the photos! It is 12 degrees here in north LA this morning. Supposedly some kind of record low! Coldest i can remember! No snow or sleet, put there are plenty of busted pipes! We are just not set up to deal with winter this cold! I don't know how y'all up on the north side do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This made me tthink about the well systems in Florida. The pump and pressure tank all sitting wide open in the back yard. Is your system similar? My Dad got relocated to Florida 12 yrs ago for his work. Upon seeing everything exposed, he asked what they did about that when it freezes. They told him just don't use water until the sun comes out and thaws it!

This made me tthink about the well systems in Florida. The pump and pressure tank all sitting wide open in the back yard. Is your system similar? My Dad got relocated to Florida 12 yrs ago for his work. Upon seeing everything exposed, he asked what they did about that when it freezes. They told him just don't use water until the sun comes out and thaws it!

i am lucky enough to have our well system in a brick building. there is enough room for the pump, a 500 gallon water storage tank, and a 1/2 cord of wood. Most people in our area has exposed pipes. Most never give it a second thought though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see you're relying on Tom and Maureen. That's why the forecast changes daily.
channel 16:dizzy:

What I meant was this picture will change and update daily.

7day.jpg

Kevin

kevinlar,

Yeah just crazy eh.
Blizzard with brutal cold followed a couple days later with spring temperatures.
Oh well back to silver maple to take the chill off LOL

At -16 F, Chicago broke the all time record for cold in early January. I think Gore carried Illinois when he ran against Bush. However, Gore fell apart in Nebraska. We still joke about it.

Both November and December required about 35% more natural gas for heating this year than last year in Omaha. However, snowfall here has been almost negligible for reasons that nobody understands. Gasp!

I think once they realized people are not buying into the idea the warming trend is not " global" and isolated in certain areas they had been caught with their pants down then came all the released secret emails on how it was over exaggerated , this turned into a PR disaster ,so in order to sway popular opinion back in their favor they had to come up with a different terminology that could include any type of weather any where so it was now called " climate change" a general term like this could be used in about any weather pattern to justify their ideology. I take responsibility for climate change in my area because I had to pay so much in taxes that I couldn't pay my carbon credits and so now there's a hole in the ozone that appeared in my backyard

To think that we as human beings have the power to significantly affect this planet strikes me as incredibly arrogant.
Ole Momma Earth is gonna whoop our butts whenever she feels like it and she'll go merrily on when we're gone.

To think that we as human beings have the power to significantly affect this planet strikes me as incredibly arrogant.
Ole Momma Earth is gonna whoop our butts whenever she feels like it and she'll go merrily on when we're gone.
To look around and not see how we have strikes me as incredibly blind.

Hopefully this will also be sent off to the political thread purgatory where I won't see it again.

To look around and not see how we have strikes me as incredibly blind.

Hopefully this will also be sent off to the political thread purgatory where I won't see it again.

I think he "borrowed" this from that eminent climate scientist Sarah Palin. Remember "never argue with a pig."

-6 here before windchill and supposed to go down all day. I know we're not near as bad as a lot of you out there but it is pretty nippy. Looks like it's hardwood time for a while! I think I have some indoor stuff today ;)

MVC-001S_20.JPG

Stove will be getting a visit more than once a day with this.

Nice lumina,, time to get the power wagon out of the shed,,

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back