All the saw a man will ever need.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those little 19*Ts are BEASTS. Not sure why even bother with the 20*Ts when they have these. Durable plastic, awkward choke, and vicious power. They should sell for at least 2X what they do. I'm disappointed I've wasted my time on other saws and not gotten one of these. Maybe next time.......

Bullittman

Prototyping.....
Some underling challenges but I think the design has promise.

PXL_20220325_193911061.jpg

Happy April
:dancing::rock::D:surprised3::)

3" thick Cottonwood bark sells for $7/lb. in these parts. Great for carving.
Nice to know. Net question The 3" measure is (I assume) the thickness, does length and width affect price , obviously small chunks excluded. We have linwood for carving and I have sawed hundreds of thousands of board feet of Cotton wood and this is the first I have heard about carving it. Thanks

3" thick Cottonwood bark sells for $7/lb. in these parts. Great for carving.
Sometimes I save chunks of it for kindling. One of my firewood customers gave me an extra $5 for a box full of cottonwood bark. BTW, the tree in that Pic shown in post #7 just about filled to the brim a 45' bunk trailer that was used to carry 10' lengths to the sawmill. Sawyers call that a money tree.

Nice to know. Net question The 3" measure is (I assume) the thickness, does length and width affect price , obviously small chunks excluded. We have linwood for carving and I have sawed hundreds of thousands of board feet of Cotton wood and this is the first I have heard about carving it. Thanks
Yes, width and length count as well but even short pieces work.. Here are some pieces I've carved. The long ones (3rd pic) are about 24" and 32" long. The piece on the right was done in a class so I made as many faces as I could - one upside down.
Folks sometimes glue pieces back-to-back for thicker material and carve small houses or use wider pieces and carve little mountainside villages - last pic.20220403_062259[1].jpg20220403_062311[1].jpg20220403_062512[1].jpg
1648982731471.png

Yes, width and length count as well but even short pieces work.. Here are some pieces I've carved. The long ones (3rd pic) are about 24" and 32" long. The piece on the right was done in a class so I made as many faces as I could - one upside down.
Folks sometimes glue pieces back-to-back for thicker material and carve small houses or use wider pieces and carve little mountainside villages - last pic.View attachment 978464View attachment 978465View attachment 978466
View attachment 978467
THAT IS IMPRESSIVE!! (Caps are intended for emphasis)
Is/are these strictly bark or a slab of wood with the bark on. ? So many questions always come from less talented people , But I can admire your talent.

Folks sometimes glue pieces back-to-back for thicker material and carve small houses or use wider pieces and carve little mountainside villages - last pic.View attachment 978464View attachment 978465View attachment 978466
View attachment 978467
Hope you don't mind .. I Impressed myself by copying the link to this post to The WTF thread as a reply to Grizz 55 post about fishing. You certainly deserve recognition for that post.

Hope you don't mind .. I Impressed myself by copying the link to this post to The WTF thread as a reply to Grizz 55 post about fishing. You certainly deserve recognition for that post.
OK by me. Yes, this is bark only, no wood behind it. Very easy to carve but tools need to be razor sharp smooth edge so no lines are left in the cut surfaces.

Latest posts

Back