All the way from iraq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll tell you what. Give him the wood and I’ll send you a check for it. Seriously.

I plan on giving him his first order for free as thanks for serving, maybe give him a sample of different types of wood for him to try out. But thanks for the offer. I will treat him right as a welcome home gift and his service. I have had family that have served over there and some that are still there. He will get the best of the best free of charge. At least the first order anyway. And he will get a discount if he comes back for more, up to a point anyway. It wont be free for ever but I will start him off right. Besides once he samples and sees the quality, he will come back for more.

Only in America and Israel soldiers are getting this kind of credit (or credit at all even).
Not a judgment of value.
Just a very interesting phenomenon.

Congrats on becoming a known brand!
That must be a cool feeling.

I have a cozen that has been flying the patchy attack helicopter over there for years and another that works on the electronics and computer programs for there aircraft, my dad was a navy seal, another cozen was a cook on a navy ship, and I could go on and on about how many family members have served over the decades, at least half of my family has served at some point in time and history, doing all kinds of jobs. To me it doesn't matter if you saw combat or just washed dishes, the very fact that they served is enough to earn my respect and gratitude. It takes a team and a huge logistics support team to make it all happen. It's a team not a one man show that makes it all happen. So it doesn't matter what there role was, the very fact they served is enough. In war or peace time there is a job for everyone that needs to be done or we would have never been and stayed free. The world always looks to us to kick ass when the talking won't do. I never served but it's my job to support those that do in what ever role I can. I have given free wood to service people many times, it's my honer to support them. If we don't back them up, people would soon stop serving and then where would we be. There job is to fight the fight, my job is to support them any way I can as a thank you for putting there lives on the line. Our military's job is to fight for those that can't fight for themselves. To help make the world free from communist, dictators and evil doers of this world. The only flag I fly is the American flag, It the symbol of freedom that is recognized around the world. It means United we stand, and we should all stand proudly. It's there sacrifices that they will stand and say not on my watch, I will watch over you and put my life on the line so you can sleep safely through the night. It's the don't worry, I got your back. And if you have my back, I have yours.
Thats why so many people hated the football players that disrespected the flag and the national anthem. To me those are cowards that just don't understand history and think the world revolves around them. If you don't respect the flag and what it stands for, I don't respect you.
For decades my grandfather got up every morning before daylight and went down to the local volunteer fire department and raised the flag, and he always came at dusk to take it down. He did it 7 days a week for decades. He served and understood what that flag means. He was a proud American that migrated here from Czechoslovakia. The American flag is the one symbol that everyone should know the value of and the sacrifices that have kept it flying for hundreds of years, and keeps it still flying today.

I have a cozen that has been flying the patchy attack helicopter over there for years and another that works on the electronics and computer programs for there aircraft, my dad was a navy seal, another cozen was a cook on a navy ship, and I could go on and on about how many family members have served over the decades, at least half of my family has served at some point in time and history, doing all kinds of jobs. To me it doesn't matter if you saw combat or just washed dishes, the very fact that they served is enough to earn my respect and gratitude. It takes a team and a huge logistics support team to make it all happen. It's a team not a one man show that makes it all happen. So it doesn't matter what there role was, the very fact they served is enough. In war or peace time there is a job for everyone that needs to be done or we would have never been and stayed free. The world always looks to us to kick ass when the talking won't do. I never served but it's my job to support those that do in what ever role I can. I have given free wood to service people many times, it's my honer to support them. If we don't back them up, people would soon stop serving and then where would we be. There job is to fight the fight, my job is to support them any way I can as a thank you for putting there lives on the line. Our military's job is to fight for those that can't fight for themselves. To help make the world free from communist, dictators and evil doers of this world. The only flag I fly is the American flag, It the symbol of freedom that is recognized around the world. It means United we stand, and we should all stand proudly. It's there sacrifices that they will stand and say not on my watch, I will watch over you and put my life on the line so you can sleep safely through the night. It's the don't worry, I got your back. And if you have my back, I have yours.
Thats why so many people hated the football players that disrespected the flag and the national anthem. To me those are cowards that just don't understand history and think the world revolves around them. If you don't respect the flag and what it stands for, I don't respect you.
For decades my grandfather got up every morning before daylight and went down to the local volunteer fire department and raised the flag, and he always came at dusk to take it down. He did it 7 days a week for decades. He served and understood what that flag means. He was a proud American that migrated here from Czechoslovakia. The American flag is the one symbol that everyone should know the value of and the sacrifices that have kept it flying for hundreds of years, and keeps it still flying today.

After reading this, I have only two words to say to you sb47...…….Right On!

Awesomeness all around!!!

1sybsj.jpg

sb47, my grandpa also came from Czechoslovakia, he lived across the street from the local fire dept., was always the first one to respond to a call.

sb47, my grandpa also came from Czechoslovakia, he lived across the street from the local fire dept., was always the first one to respond to a call.

My grand parents lived in a little town in Indianhead MD Just up the road from A US Navy base. It's now called US Naval Ordnance Station and is still there. Thats where they made a lot of the bombs that they used back in WWII My grandmother worked there and my mother, My dad was stationed there and I'm sure thats where they met. We would take a yearly trip every year to see my grandparents and there was always a scanner squawking in the background. That thing would go off and my grandad would jump in his truck and was gone in a flash. The firehouse was just about 2 miles away and was small in the early days. His son, my uncle also volunteered at that station and still does. This was 50 years ago and things have changed a lot up there but the station is still there but it's huge now. I have even worked on that base clearing trees around where they make the bombs for the Navy. There are only 3 funerals I attended that was impressive as my grandads with all the ladder trucks crossed with a huge flag flying between them as the persuasion drove under them. Everyone dressed in there full dress uniforms as we went by. He would take us kids up to the station or firehouse as he always called it and showed us around. He let us play on the fire trucks when we were kids.
My dad was a Navy seal stationed there at one point then he was transferred to Pearl Harbor right after the attack on Pearl Harbor. They weren't called seals back then but he was an underwater demolition expert. My dad would tell stories about the things he did. Underwater mine sweeping and disposal was just one of his jobs. My aunt my uncles wife also worked at that naval base and so did he, in Indianhead most of there life along with several other family members that still live in that same area. My dads funeral was just as impressive and was the largest one I have personally ever seen. At least half of my extended family has served maybe more so I respect anyone that serves. I will stand, defend and respect that flag as long as I live. Don't mess with my flag or my country. I have lived my whole life listening to all the stories my family members have told about there service. Am I patriotic? You bet your ass I am. Am I a prod American, well that would be a hell yes I am. Do I respect anyone that serves, that would be another hell yes. Time may go by but my patronage will never leave.

Mr. Syed. Just left with a truck full of red oak free of charge. He had a truck full of kids and his wife and newborn. He is only here for 30 days to see his newborn and get a little R&R before heading back to Iraq and return to duty. He does logistical support for the troops. Very nice man and family. He wanted to pay and tried but I said no just take it. Done deal.

Back