Alright, fess up, who's stealing......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure where that vikingjake was from, but he liked to burn poles.........lets not go down that road again!

You know that by burning pole the treating in them kill off the skeeters in the spring' But I don't think it hurts anything else.:greenchainsaw:

Glad I'm part German, feel sorry for the purebloods.:hmm3grin2orange:

What a waste, think of the other more practical uses, like material for outbuildings.

They make great fence posts for woven wire provided you don’t mind a little toxic waste on your fence line. RR ties work equally as well but are much harder to cut an angle into the top so the rain can run off.

its not me.....

though i am a little jealous. they make good sawing stations for those of us who compete in lumberjack sports. ive considered snaging some myself, never done it though.

Sounds like logbutcher's been keeping himself busy.

I am flattered WB.
Actually, the price of copper is up. Little time for T-Poles right now......watch your local substation. Live Free or Die. :cheers::cheers:

How's the wood biz ?

:) NEWS FLASH UPDATE! "Rumor has it that a team of elves were seen late one night loading at least one telephone pole on a truck which had lettering on the side indicating the truck was from the local tooth pic factory.... Eyewitness accounts of the description of the elves, however, was a bit vague as they all seemed to be wearing PPE." (more news at 11 pm) :)

Shari
(she says, slinking off into a corner.......)

Last edited:
To add a little background to that story: Recently FairPoint acquired all of northern New England's land lines from Verizon. A lot of people were and are rather unhappy about that. Perhaps the most unhappy were the union people who work for the phone company. So maybe the prime suspect ought to be disgrunteled linemen. Not making accusations, but how in the heck do you move a telephone pole with a pickup truck?

but how in the heck do you move a telephone pole with a pickup truck?

Easy! The redneck way: two pickup trucks: rear bumper to rear bumper. Throw the pole in. One pickup drives forward and the other drives backwards.

Shari
(I'm sorry guys! We've had a rough week here and I think I'm losing it!)

They're only 12' high (they're cut-off old poles).

So lots of options -- hang 4' out the back of a 8' bed, use a trailer, cut 'em into 6' - 8' if you're looking for fence posts or footings for a deck you're building. 24" lengths for the feared OWB use would be easy.

I wondered why my wife want to take my truck and chainsaw to go see her dad:(
She is not home yet either, now you got me thinking!!

Whoever is swiping them, they should just migrate to my neck of the woods. The local utility takes all the poles it replaces and puts them in a big pile behind their shop for the public to take. I have been toying with the idea of making a retaining wall out of them.

you must realize that every other driveway up here has a machine in it of some sort. some people have brand new kubotas, some have old IH cubs. skidders, crawler tractors, you name it! and there are some unscrupulous people who will take anything thats not nailed down.

there was a road widening project probly 40 miles from the current pole theivings that was rather controversial. the locals didnt like it. i drove through and heres a farmer out in the feild on a saturday eveining at dusk. pushing over the brand new poles they set for the road widening with his tractor. i dont know if he drug them off or not, but i think he got his point across.

Back