Alright, Install done and First Fire Learning Curve

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoogie

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Alright, I'm finally done with the install of my empyre pro200 gasser. I'd post pics but seems I'd just be posting what everyone else does on there installs. Incoming lines are 45 to 48" deep going into the basement threw the wall. Pex lines then run to the side arm exchanger on the hot water. Then to the exchanger on the furnace then back out to the owb. Garage heat exchanger has yet to be installed. On the first light hmmm not quite like the you tube version where the gasser took off after five minutes of burning. but when the water temp. reached 125 the gasser on mine took off and puff all smoke was gone. WOW i'm a believer (Kinda still after dropin the coin had my doubts...lol) but now i'm a believer. My neighbor helped with the install we did everything ourselfs. after everything was said and done when we were standing back watching his owb and mine which are both empyers just mines a gasser We could not believe the difference. Under full burn his was just bellowing away and mine all you could see was a little vapor....I now think he wants to upgrade...lol. But there is a learning curve that i need to come to grasps with or at least get some experience under my belt. Fill the box at 5pm and went out to check it at 8:30am and fire was out just a few hot ashes. nothing to restart the wood and water temp. was down.:censored: We'll see how day two goes and i'll try to keep a post on here and let every one know how its burning and wood consumption. 10/12/09 :givebeer:

Ok, installment number two...lol It's Friday 10/23/09 so i've been burning for around two weeks. Seems like everything is going rather good, i've been kinda disappointed in burn times seems like i'm getting right around 12 to 14 hrs. between fillings that aren't filled quit to the top of the door, neighbor says not to overload the thing because of wood consumption. I did run into somewhat of a problem after i hooked up the hx in the garage. The house is 2,000 ft insulated good, heated to 75 (wives idea) lol. the garage is a different story. 30ft x 125ft non insulated. the hx that i put up was around 230 cu inches with a 1100 rpm fan with a 28" 26 degree fan blade. Now incoming temp on the line was 165 degrees after the hx was turn on the return temp. was 125 it would pull the owb down so bad that wood consumption went up about four times what i had been using. but it would heat the garage up around 20 degrees when it was on in about twenty mins. So need less to say thats was a no go. so I've been experimenting with different fan blades and i think that i hit on a winner, i put on a 18" with a 26 pitch and i think that will work really good havent really had a good chance to try it the temps. have warmed up a little but it moves less air but the hotter air. the temps in the water lines are now only about 10 degrees different, and the owb seems to climb as soon as it goes in to burn mode right away. so We'll see what happens for a bit and i'll check in and write more in bout a week or so till then i hope that this helps someone maybe not but least your hearing what the the new gassers are doing in the real world for real homeowners.....Hoogie....:cheers:

Using all that extra wood to heat an uninsulated garage is what it will take.. You are basically heating the outdoors. LOL
If it is lasting only 12 hours the past two weeks.. Think about it.. the last week has been in the 60s during the day, granted the prior week was cold enough for frost a couple of days.. What will it be once cold weather gets here?
I am expecting the gassifier to need filled at least every 8 hours.. But that is not bad.. it is after all clean free heat.. (Once you get the unit paid for realted to the monthly utility bill.)

Alright everyone is pic happy on here so i'll post the 10 pics of install

Here are the 10 pics of install we'll see if i can get em all on here. i hope. Ok can only do 5 at a time i'll have the other five on the next post. :cheers:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

hope that worked :popcorn:

alright here's the next five...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

:rock:
All these pictures are in series, that i can remember. As for the garage getting heated, I understand and agree with the above post so i'm in the process of insulating the ceiling first. And see how that does...As for the performance update. Not really a whole lot to say temps around here in northern Indiana have been hovering around 60 to even 70 for the last couple of weeks. During that time i've been burning pretty much all pine and that seems to be burning and holding loading time to twice a day which i'm really happy with. Oh i should mention that i took the rain cap off my burner and that seems to have increased my burn time. Called empyre and they said to try it both ways and see which one I'd get a better burn time from, course with my burner being so close to the garage roof line that could have something to do with it also...Hope to post a little later after ceiling is done in the garage so bring on the cold i'm getting there....lol :givebeer: :cheers:

Alright time for another update, since the first fire and running it for awhile. I've looked at some post here bout operating temps. so i decided to play with mine. On first install the temp. was set at 175 blower on and 165 off. Did the house really good. But used quite a bit of wood. House mind you is set at 75 inside....as for the garage hmmm still havent gotten it insulated so I just turn the hx on when i'm working out there. Which heats up from 30 to sixty in about an hour. Garage is 30x80. I tried having the temp at 165 blower on and 155 off. that almost used as much wood as the above temp. and the blower in the house would run forever to reach and keep the house up to temp. So in return i bumped the temp to 170 blower on and 160 off. Wow what a difference i use half the wood and i've increased the burn time from 8hrs to 12hrs. here are some pics of the burner in full burn, i've taken a pic of the blower light on to show its in full burn in the one pic.. and the other pic i've outlined the neighbors in full burn and the smoke from his in the background. what a difference with both in full burn cycle. Will update again when i get new news....:cheers:
attachment.php
attachment.php

Back