aluminum climb right gaffs Q

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt. Blye

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I see a deal on closeout aluminum climb right gaffs as they are last years model and was wondering why they redesigned them for this year? They are yellow and affordable and I would use them as my second set as I have wanted a set for pole and tree spikes ready to go. Most trees up here are thin bark or maple and pole spikes work well for me, however after a damp morning or rain, climbing cotton wood and large ash make it look like "amature night" when I gaff out. We all know that cotton wood tastes like ####. If you know someone or have a set of these, please reply with your thoughts ie. avdice,rating, what have you, as I don't want to eat anymore cooton wood or ash.

P.S. Does anyone make a "wrist rocket"? You know, we all had one and shot rocks and marbles out of them when we ran out of ball bearings because dad said we weren't old enough for a gun. I haven't bought a Big Shot yet as it seams over kill for the 70' trees up here and where do I pack it? I would buy a Wrist Rocket if they made one with strong enough rubbers. Ha Ha Again I only need to be accurate to about 50'. Thanks

Can't help you with the hooks but the BigShot is well worth it. Even on lower throws it has the advantage of being able to punch a bag through a dense canopy. I got mine local and custom cut my poles so they just fit behind the seat of my pick-up.

Back