Always be sure your chain isn't backwards...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that guy is going to get hurt real bad real soon,the dull saw or whatever that was is bad enough,the guy pulling on the rope then letting it slack,makes me get goosebumps.
the other videos he has are even more chilling,I like the wedge felling method complete with pulling the tree down towards himself while running out from under it across previously cut branches and logs, a true stuntman I guess.

The thing that amazes me about these videos, (lots lately)
is that the people that post them don't seem to notice anything odd about what they are seeing.

For chrissakes, I could cut through that tree in less time with a hand saw.

:hmm3grin2orange:

It's worse when you put a brand new chain on a brand new saw, and the customer comes back the next day ands says "it doesn't cut right, what am I doing wrong?"... :blush:

Easier to do than you think - usually happens to me when I flip the bar and run Square ground chain - the back and the fronts of the cutters are both angled about the same so unless you look...

Some loggers around here have been known to re-install the chain on a new workers saw backwards during a break or lunch...

Backwards chain yea me too.
I cleaned my saw up for trade in, slapped the bar and chain threw it in the truck. The dealer started it up shut it down. Then said it would cut better if the chain was not on Backwards.:eek:

I had wunnathoz . . .

Recently bought a Stihl MS-170 at my nearby Ace hardware store, always been good people to do business with BUT . . .

. . . in this case, the 17 or 18 year old kid assembling the saws in the back room had put my chain on backward. I realized it when making final adjustments prior to my first use. I had just snugged down the nuts after getting the chain tensioned exactly where I wanted it and did a double take. Shoulda seen it sooner, guess I'm not much smarter than the kid in some ways.

Loosened, removed, reinstalled, retensioned, and it cut like a hot knife through butter . . live and learn, huh.

fight:spam:

vids

I don't know what changed in my system,but I go to view these vids and all I get is a blue Q with a question mark.Updated everything!Help and old man!
Ed

I had to stop watching, just couldn't take it after a while.

A mean thing that woodturners do to eachother sometime is on the sly turn someones lathe to turn in reverse. Even some world class turners are known to try to cut and then sharpen their tool and the try then sharpen a couple of times before the figure it out. I've had it done to me and you feel pretty foolish once you realize.

dont know wich is worse, this or seeing some one put bar oil in the gas tank and gas in the oil tank (fortunetly i caught him before he tried to start it)

That's the funniest video I've seen this week. That saw just a reving and a reving and not cutting much of a thing. Thanks for the link.

younggun said:
dont know wich is worse, this or seeing some one put bar oil in the gas tank and gas in the oil tank (fortunetly i caught him before he tried to start it)

Here now!! I resemble that remark. Have done both. Fortunately caught the 'oil in the gas tank' right as I started pouring. Dumped and refilled correctly. Now the gas in the oil tank. Very sore subject. Took it to the small engine shop complaining it wasn't oiling - red face and flat forehead.

Harry K

Now, wait, I'm dumber than anyone else and demand recognition for it. Had to go help a neighbor cut up a couple big limbs that blew down on his property about five miles from here...he was recovering from surgery and couldn't even drive. Only a few minutes cutting, so I only took the saw and scrench. Got there, had to walk about fifteen minutes thru some woods to get to the site. Tried to start the saw, had forgotten to put gas in the thing before I left home. No gas with me.

Canyon Angler said:
...or you could end up like this guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qOtG-H1cb4

I think I could cut that tree faster with a butter knife! :hmm3grin2orange:

Isn't that Roger and his piped 5100? :laugh: :laugh:

Just kidding rb. Seriously though, the guy in this video is pretty ridiculous.

Latest posts

Back