• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy am i hunting ghost ?nos or mint preferably ported

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To whom it may concern:
At the tune of 2,279 reais (roughly $850) you can get ya a brand new 288xp!
That plus shipping, importing fees, handling, federal exporting fees on the Brazilian side etc etc etc. I'm guessing $1000-1500 you can get your hands on one...
I've contacted a dealer down there. After he found out I was in the US, no more emails [emoji20] maybe customs and epa is a problem? ???

Im sure both are an issue. My father and uncle tell me that in order to own a chainsaw in Brazil - at least in the old days- it was much like buying a firearm. Registration, background checks etc. Of course that was then. As far as export goes, taxes are high. EPA regs arent the same... But what if you were to buy parts, not a complete saw?? One cover here, one cylinder there... Whos to say.
I think it'll get expensive fast, but than again, you'll get what you want!

Im sure both are an issue. My father and uncle tell me that in order to own a chainsaw in Brazil - at least in the old days- it was much like buying a firearm. Registration, background checks etc. Of course that was then. As far as export goes, taxes are high. EPA regs arent the same... But what if you were to buy parts, not a complete saw?? One cover here, one cylinder there... Whos to say.
I think it'll get expensive fast, but than again, you'll get what you want!
This is sounding very interesting ! :)
I have a 288 , some nice purdy new parts would sure fix it up ! Guess I do have a couple chinee parts for it . Brazil parts would have to be much better ! Need a high top cover and all the parts that go with it , elbow ,filter & ??

I'm in the process of starting a 288 myself, so I'll keep an eye on that and keep ya posted.

To whom it may concern: vipecas.com.br has an extensive catalog with all kinds of 288 parts. No prices. You may have to find the catalog part and email for a quote. Ps: its in portuguese....

@tbone75 look at the pics and the models... The rest is just figuring out! Lol
@SS Sniper: i appreciate that. I love the forum, and follow it. I've learned lots from here and build a couple of saws from the nuggets everyone has left. I'm still figuring out how to post and participate. I'm glad yall can get some use out of this intel! I emailed those guys today for a quote on some parts (coil and wires). As i hear from them, I'll share it.

@tbone75 look at the pics and the models... The rest is just figuring out! Lol
@SS Sniper: i appreciate that. I love the forum, and follow it. I've learned lots from here and build a couple of saws from the nuggets everyone has left. I'm still figuring out how to post and participate. I'm glad yall can get some use out of this intel! I emailed those guys today for a quote on some parts (coil and wires). As i hear from them, I'll share it.
Yes , I bet I can figure it out ! LOL

Well, other than that, in that catalog i found the following:
Gas tank, crank, starter cover, muffler support/muffler, ignition coil and wires(blue and red) all oem. Cylinder and piston. Some were husqvarna originals. Some weren't. I found a cylinder cover for a 268- not a 288. And no clutch cover. That and a myriad of small parts ranging from bolts, nuts and screws, to carburator and springs to whatever else.... Seems to me the "ghost" is materializing!!

Well, other than that, in that catalog i found the following:
Gas tank, crank, starter cover, muffler support/muffler, ignition coil and wires(blue and red) all oem. Cylinder and piston. Some were husqvarna originals. Some weren't. I found a cylinder cover for a 268- not a 288. And no clutch cover. That and a myriad of small parts ranging from bolts, nuts and screws, to carburator and springs to whatever else.... Seems to me the "ghost" is materializing!!
Your doing good !!

Mean while, shine a light on this:
The spark plug wire was broken- hence no spark at the plug. I was getting spark up to the break in the wire, but not to the spark plug. How do i repair that? Can i just mend the wire with a wire from auto store, or do i need a whole new ignition ?

Mean while, shine a light on this:
The spark plug wire was broken- hence no spark at the plug. I was getting spark up to the break in the wire, but not to the spark plug. How do i repair that? Can i just mend the wire with a wire from auto store, or do i need a whole new ignition ?
The plug wire should unscrew out of the coil I am fairly sure , most do . I have never tried to repair one ?

Back