Am I Strange?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I know is that when I was a senior in high school... all I did was chase tail, drink beer, hot rod cars, and play sports...

Those are the years you never get back... I did all my "work" during the summer.

Gary

So, I am a senior in high school and plan to go to Virgina Tech after a year of community college. There I plan on getting a degree in industrial forestry opperations.

Today I came back to school after a week of spring break and everyone asked me what i did. I proceeded to tell them I modded my chain saw, cut a few trees down, sharpened some chains, and bidded on a tree removal/climbing job.

They just look at me and laugh. Untill I tell them how much i priced out the climbing job. haha :cheers:

There is NO one my age that is even remotely intrested in this kind of stuff.
Am I crazy??:dizzy:

Yes. and you are in good company. :greenchainsaw:

Hoss, you aint missing much, I saw the beaver shot on the net.She looks like she has the west asscrackastany crotch rot:censored:

Never thought I'd read them words here on AS in a millon years. WDO :monkey:

saws are great (especially when you live in the middle of nowhere) but when your young you do OTHER things.

I have been around this site for a while now but you can bet your ass that if I have something else to do like get ####ed up or attend a party or perswey a shorty to come scoop me so we can spend alittle time together the chainsaws and the computer take the back seat.

As some of my posts may show, i like to read up after a night of saucing when there aint #### on TV.

You will get enilated if you go to Tech talking about chainsaw this chainsaw that... Trust me i know alot of ass holes that are going there and UVA

So, I am a senior in high school and plan to go to Virgina Tech after a year of community college. There I plan on getting a degree in industrial forestry opperations.

Today I came back to school after a week of spring break and everyone asked me what i did. I proceeded to tell them I modded my chain saw, cut a few trees down, sharpened some chains, and bidded on a tree removal/climbing job.

They just look at me and laugh. Untill I tell them how much i priced out the climbing job. haha :cheers:

That is pretty much me. Only i am just finishing my first semester at the community college, and i have not started climbing yet. .....but man I want to

saws are great (especially when you live in the middle of nowhere) but when your young you do OTHER things.

I have been around this site for a while now but you can bet your ass that if I have something else to do like get ####ed up or attend a party or perswey a shorty to come scoop me so we can spend alittle time together the chainsaws and the computer take the back seat.

As some of my posts may show, i like to read up after a night of saucing when there aint #### on TV.

I get in too much trouble when I go out drinking. When I'm at home I can have as big of a fire and get as wasted as I want and pass out in the woods if the house is too hard to get back to. Don't have to worry about getting home if you're already there, and you can't get a dwi for stumbling/crawling through the woods.

And AS is way better than tv, tv pretty much just sucks.

Im 17 own 5 saws, and cut all my familys firewood each year. I do saw work for some of the teachers at my school to make a few extra bucks here and there. I also have a whole class at my tech school that does the exact same thing....your not the only one out there.

I'm 21 and own around 25 chainsaws, maybe more if you count the part saws. Some people think that I'm wierd, but I enjoy working on anything machanical. My girlfriend gives me some crap every now and then, but her dad thinks my hobby is cool. I'm finally getting him interested in working on saws. Where abouts you live in VA or what's your hometown? BTW that's a very nice yota. I have 3 myself. A '85 pickup (parts truck), '86 pickup (lifted, 33s, weber), and a '99 4runner (lifted, supercharged). I talked my girfriend into buying an '86 yota pickup for $600. If you want to check them out here is a link http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitch-n-jess

Sorry for gettin off on yotas. It's just another one of my hobbies.

Sorry for gettin off on yotas.

attachment.php

There's nothing wrong with you. When I was in high school i was the weird guy. 30+ years later I'm the guy who just retired form the job everyone wanted, but never tried for, have the property everyone else wants and the family everyone else marvels at. Stick to your guns, the last thing you need to worry about is being popular or cool.

Your NOT crazy, but I must warn you, you are in the minority! I take that back, today there is no catagory to put you in, if your young & white. It's sad, but if you really want to get ahead these days, learn chinese!:censored:

I'm a custodian for 9th graders, they canot even spell sware words right in the stalls! And they think school is boring and a waste of time...

Keep it up, you will have a good future and welcome to the club! CAD is not contagious but spreads very, very fast!

BTW, what year is your fj40?
The wife wants one, I'm thinking 76' and up. Is that the first year of disc brakes?
What's the best forum to join for info?
Another forum...just what I need!:dizzy:

Thanks, thats very true.

My FJ is a 75' with a disk brake conversion from a toyota pickup.
I dont think you can get oem disk brakes in one unless its an 83' or something.
The best land cruiser forum is IH8mud, im a member there too! :cheers:

Good luck, those are sweet trucks!

youre nutty as squirel turds!

you sound like me, but i dont climb, yet.

i started buying standing timber and bidding clearing jobs before i graduated high school or had a machine to move the wood with. borrowed some machines, beat on my pickup ALOT! worked harder than i needed to.

but for me cuttin wood isnt work, its fun that i get paid for.

I'm 21 and own around 25 chainsaws, maybe more if you count the part saws. Some people think that I'm wierd, but I enjoy working on anything machanical. My girlfriend gives me some crap every now and then, but her dad thinks my hobby is cool. I'm finally getting him interested in working on saws. Where abouts you live in VA or what's your hometown? BTW that's a very nice yota. I have 3 myself. A '85 pickup (parts truck), '86 pickup (lifted, 33s, weber), and a '99 4runner (lifted, supercharged). I talked my girfriend into buying an '86 yota pickup for $600. If you want to check them out here is a link http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitch-n-jess

Sorry for gettin off on yotas. It's just another one of my hobbies.

NICE Toyotas!! :clap:

I have a 00' 4runner too! :cheers:

youre nutty as squirel turds!

you sound like me, but i dont climb, yet.

i started buying standing timber and bidding clearing jobs before i graduated high school or had a machine to move the wood with. borrowed some machines, beat on my pickup ALOT! worked harder than i needed to.

but for me cuttin wood isnt work, its fun that i get paid for.

LOL
Thats great! :cheers:
Thats also how i feel, its not work if I like doing it. Getting paid is a plus... well sorta.

Thanks for everyones advice and stories, they were great.
Also cutting trees and playing with chainsaws is not all that I do. Just in my free time now, which is limmited. :dizzy:
I am a two sport athlete, and the captain of our schools cross country team.
So, I do my majority of my "work" in the summer.

Thanks for everyones advice and stories, they were great.
Also cutting trees and playing with chainsaws is not all that I do. Just in my free time now, which is limmited. :dizzy:
I am a two sport athlete, and the captain of our schools cross country team.
So, I do my majority of my "work" in the summer.

You go get 'em and tear them up, FJ. It's great to be young with unlimited energy and not enough hours in a day! These are some of the greatest years of your life, and you're using them well!

Latest posts

Back