american classic cars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

belgian

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have been always a great admiror of classic american cars (cadillac, chevy, etc) of the fifties and sixties and while visiting a local show last week in belgium, I am really considering buying a good restored vintage car in the US, as the dollar rate is very attractive against the euro nowadays.

Any of you guys have knowledge of a good address where to buy such cars in the US, and have oversea shipping experience ?

thanks for your input.

Last edited:
Cant offer any help on where to buy them as I am in Australia.

Anyway, here is my ride....I love em!

1964 SS Impala Coupe​

attachment.php

I have been always a great admiror of classic american cars (cadillac, chevy, etc) of the fifties and seventies and while visiting a local show last week in belgium, I am really considering buying a good restored vintage car in the US, as the dollar rate is very attractive against the dollar nowadays.

Any of you guys have knowledge of a good address where to buy such cars in the US, and have oversea shipping experience ?

thanks for your input.

Many places have good classic cars. I would stay away from northern cities though. The cars up there sometimes get rusted from all the salt used to melt snow. Can you name some make, model, and year cars you are interested in?

Also, are you interested in a restored car, or one that could use some work?

Here's some in my area:

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/car/432356578.html

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/car/432160596.html

I can look up more if you get more specific with what you want.

Last edited:
Also, are you interested in a restored car, or one that could use some work?

Here's some in my area:

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/car/432356578.html

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/car/432160596.html

I can look up more if you get more specific with what you want.

thanks.

I have preference for a restored car, as I have no experience at all with body repair jobs and painting is not my strongest point either. Mechanical work would be no problem though.

I am at work now but will post some preferredn models later today.

Here's my classic American dream car. Actually it's a kit built with a foxbody Mustang donor.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Here's my classic American dream car. Actually it's a kit built with a foxbody Mustang donor.

attachment.php

Yes Shelby power that is my favorite, that model
rocks but original would be more than a normal could
ever dream to afford. I like the Elenore as well 427 super snake
something for the rice burners to think about, watched one
on ebay bidding was at 300,000 and reserve was not touched
one fine car and a great investment for the original buyer!
I like the Anglia and forty coupes as well ford kicks lol

Last edited:
Yes Shelby power that is my favorite, that model
rocks but original would be more than a normal could
ever dream to afford. I like the Elenore as well 427 super snake
something for the rice burners to think about, watched one
on ebay bidding was at 300,000 and reserve was not touched
one fine car and a great investment for the original buyer!
I like the Anglia and forty coupes as well ford kicks lol

Yeah, but you could build a replica for $20-25k or so. Much less than a new modern sportscar. I like Eleanor as well.

Ford-Mustang-Eleanor-Body-Kit-1.jpg

Yeah, but you could build a replica for $20-25k or so. Much less than a new modern sportscar. I like Eleanor as well.

Ford-Mustang-Eleanor-Body-Kit-1.jpg

Realistically 25k would be spent on motor and drive train
to get close to the original still cheaper than original
there are replicas being made but 100k is closer to getting
a replica that has the go baby go!

Mopar is another one that stands out gtx,challenger
of course these are muscle cars! Classics can be what
ever the person likes some like Rivieras,some think the
continental,caddy,me muscle.On the other hand I would
love to find a forty model Lincoln zepher cheap with the
V twelve but these are very rare and worth a lot of dough!
I had a chevelle malibu that wass 69and one half and came
with an experimental 350 most cars did not have 350 until 70, I did not know what I ,had sold it for **** but to buy a
69 chevelle ss. I don't have none of my 6 chevelles
68 to 69 and that stinks!

Last edited:
Here's some pics of my favourite cars at the show.

attachment.php

a nice convertible, but it won't fit it my garage :confused:

attachment.php

way over my budget

attachment.php

my personal preference : chrysler desoto adventurer 1960 in super shape

attachment.php

also a very nice car, but younger as my liking.

attachment.php

Last edited:
a few more

this was a very nice one too

attachment.php

Thall forgot to take his limo with him last time he came over in europe with the lisa marie (da prince thread, LOL)

attachment.php

My wife said "NO" to this one

attachment.php

this pic I took for my frend Ultra

attachment.php

time to go home, LOL

attachment.php

Last edited:
Great pics belgian. I use to hit a few car shows with my brother-in-law. He had a '51 Ford that he sectioned 5" from the middle. Then chopped 3" from the top. Painted it bright orange and put moons on it. It looked like it belonged at the Bonneville salt flats.

Sam

That thing looks like a 'vette that wasn't quite fully developed. :jester:

Sort of. They had alot of Corvette parts but it's a full tube frame. The transmission is bolted directly to the aluminum Grandsport rearend, There is no driveline. It had a 327 stoked to 377 with a Studebaker crank. A Bill Thomas dual entry Rochester fuel injection (not the one in the pic) and a Muncie M21.The first two were aluminum bodies and the remaining 12 or so were fiberglass. It differs from the Corvette in size, power, weight and purpose. It's about the size of a 1st gen RX7. 520 hp, 1500-1700 lbs in race trim and it's all go. (That's like me riding an 80 hp skateboard!) 220 mph uphill at Road America. Mid 10's at 130+ mph at the dragstrip with roadrace gears. In it's day, there was nothing on a road course that could out accelerate it. It never came to be for three reasons. Suspicious fire burned the production shop to the ground before 100 were built. Chevrolet pulled out of racing in 1963 or so. The McLarens came out. It was purpose built to go Cobra hunting, but never did due to several of the reasons above. It is believed 8 originals still exist.

Someday I may build one. There was a kit body on ebay last year for $2K. I had to bite my lip.

Last edited:
Back