some advice from our fellow americans

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mange said:
Now this is only the saw.
Gas:
Regular 95 octane 10,40kr = 1,485$US

Wow! 95 octane. You can't buy 95 octane fuel at regular gas stations here. The highest is 93. Perhaps the rating system is different?

I'm not sure how much "1,485$US" is. Do you mean $1.485US--as in 1 dollar and 48 1/2 cents per gallon? Here, we only use commas to separate every third digit, i.e. thousands, millions, billions, trillions, etc. That makes 1,485 = one thousand, four hundred eighty five. We use decimals to separate whole numbers from part numbers (does that make sense?) So, 1 1/2 = 1.5. Of course, I could easily just be misunderstanding you. :)

If wages are relative to the cost of things in Europe, than it's six of one, half dozen of the other.
Here in Canada, pro saws are alot cheaper than what our American Neighbours to the South have to pay. This is mainly because Canada is esteemed alot higher than the Americans in the global community, yup.
Also, because Canada has 90% of the softwoods and the Americans wanting it, our free trade agreement stipulates that chainsaws are Duty exempt in order to produce more timber that the Americans can try to screw us out of, uh, huh.
Canada has no military and therefore no firearms, which means Canada is more of a peace keeping kind of a country, so all we really have is our chainsaws, our National Parks and a whole lotta timber.
John

We have 92, 95 and 98 0ctane as standard (100, 103 with special order).

I dont know if the ratings are the same,

Sorry about the "," insted of ".". ;)

Mange said:
We have 92, 95 and 98 0ctane as standard (100, 103 with special order).

I dont know if the ratings are the same,

Sorry about the "," insted of ".". ;)
No problem. I just wanted to make sure I was understanding correctly. :)

If I follow John's logic, wages should also be lower in Canada than the US...

Mange, saw prices and taxes in Sweden are still worse than Belgium. Since alcohol is also uncredibly high priced, why would a logger want to live up there ? Maybe because of your famous swedish blonds ?

Imported Absolut, is less than half price. Moonshine even cheeper.
Made 20km from my house, but i by in Denmark or Germany. We have famely that goes to Germany often and Holland.
This is actually funny, He works as System repair gay at Åhus Absolut, and import all his vodka from Holland :eek:
One litre vodka here is about the same as 3 Litre imported, same brand.
The government has stores that sell, no others is allowed to sell. :cry:

Hi, when you get sometime on your 361 do yourself a big favour, open up your muffler hole some cause that small hole is really hurting that saw, you will not believe how much more power it will have , it takes a saw that has no torque and makes a saw that has torque, this is if you are allowed to do that over there

And on wages , Canada compared to the north states . It depends alot on where you live like here where I live your average wage for a man would be $13 to $14 an hour, that would be what most guys make here , sure in the city's they make alot more but then your living cost is usually more as well, here a house can be bought for under a $100,000, in the city they are 2 to 4 times that much so it all works out in the long run,
the way I see it is in most places the gov't has it set-up so that if you are making the normal wage for the area, it works out that the cost of living in your area that at the end of the year you have no money left or very little left, this way they keep you working to pay those taxes they like to keep bringing in everyweek

canada has no military.. wonder how they suvive in this predatory planet
like that.. must be all the predators know they got a brother dn south that kicks butt,, of any hussein or hitler or stalin or or,whoever, that has designs onum..history repeats itself .. im tired of listening tho ,myself..
i understand canada has many different langauges spoken in various pts..
just think, how simple it would have been for you ,had it not been for this warlike southern brother.. you would have either been speaking german or russian by now ,if it werent for him.
sure would have cost us less.. and we could be getting cheap saws from canada now rather than china..

I have shipped saws to Germany and the United Kingdom. I have found it very easy and very reasonable. I have no idea what they pay in taxes when the saws arrive but I would doubt it is as much as the local saw prices there.

Bill

Gypo Logger said:
Also, because Canada has 90% of the softwoods and the Americans wanting it, our free trade agreement stipulates that chainsaws are Duty exempt in order to produce more timber that the Americans can try to screw us out of, uh, huh.
John

Interesting. I've been contacted by 3 canadian log buyers looking for my softwoods. Maybe the Canadians are gonna flood the market again to offset the tariffs.

Newfie said:
Interesting. I've been contacted by 3 canadian log buyers looking for my softwoods. Maybe the Canadians are gonna flood the market again to offset the tariffs.

Oh Bullsh$t. That was just me looking for a few planks. :blob2:
John

I would guess that some of the saws we sell end up outside the US via APO's, FPO's, Brokers, and Exporters. We can no longer ship directly to an address outside the US.

baileys_logo_arboristsite_1.gif

Grande Dog
Master Mechanic
Discount Arborist Equipment and Tree Care Supplies

Last edited:
belgian said:
Hello folks,
I am more an occasional firewood logger across the ocean (belgium, battle of the bulge country...),

Belgian,

I like your humor, "belgium, battle of the bulge country". That's funny :)

I work for a German based company so I have met many Europeans from our sister plants who also 'break the ice' with Americans using similar semi-sarcastic humor.

Belgium?? Where?? Ohh... thats right... didn't we fight over there or something? Oh yeh, let's see you name the caitals of our all our states.

Welcome to the forum :angel:

DanMan1 said:
Belgian,

I like your humor, "belgium, battle of the bulge country". That's funny :)

I work for a German based company so I have met many Europeans from our sister plants who also 'break the ice' with Americans using similar semi-sarcastic humor.

Hello Danman,

I travelled quite a few times to the States in the 90's, and it stroke me every time that the average US citizen has so little geographical knowledge about Europe. Most of them know city's such asParis, Amsterdam, Rome, but if you ask them what country they're in, most of them don't really know.... No critics though, but facts. I used to mention than 'Belgium is where the battle of the Bulge occurred' and that rang a bell, at least for the elder generation.
:)

Back