And Nails,

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treemandan

Tree Freak
Reaction score
rippedoutpopwoodwork004.jpg

A good shot indeed; did ya see my hand stickin out the other side of the hole? A hole shot?
I have a pic of the complete ( its simple) somewhere but below the silver screw beener is a link to my bridge which is pretty bombproof, the green rope is my saftey ( three wrap prussick or something) which is hanndy to have. You can clip in above the link to my bridge for pole work where you want it shorter .
Cheapest fastest, safest out there, very noncomplicated and compact. That rig has been in service for YEARS ( at least 8). For going up I use it witha foot acsender of course cause its more like driving a Caddallack compared to staright foot locking. With this you can easliy finese you away around, above, through or just plain right at wherever to got to get. If you have to have something it is great if it can do a lot of different things for you. Rather then have just a bulky ascender than you can only go up with; its good just to have if you have to pull a rope tight. Toss in a friction device maybe some puleeys?

Thanks Dan. So do you work off that thing and descend on it or only use it for ascent? I have that same Petzl and it's twin on the way.

work, jerk, lurk or go beserk, works good for all.

The only down side is that the left handed one only works in your left hand and vise-versa for the blue one:dizzy:

Go with a running bowline round the spar and clip in to the tail end, with your lanyard is saftey conscience and quick.

Either spiking or srt it works well. Shoot a line, climb to the first limb, you are tied in, cut it on your way up. Its a snap to kick out the foot piece and limbwalk either to cut or rig.
Its these rope grabs that brought me back. You can take your 3 strand prussick lanyard and jam it up the guy who owns this place's butt.

This ascender could be used for a top rope climb with spikes. Tied off below a man could tend the rope while the climber scooted up safely. I used micrograbs and such for stuff like that but you catch the drift. It delivers a positive lock that is for sure.
With just using one ascender and one leg to ascend you can use the others to push off limbs to move around them. You can also use this system exactly like regular footlocking when you just have open space to climb up,which is really not all that often.
Of course if you go chasing deadwood in 100 foot plus poplars all day you might want to just get pulled up by the Dingo instead of all that.

Back