And the fastest cutting chain award goes to...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fastest at..........? I would guess numbness of hands, arms, well everywhere. Fastest to feeling loss, there we go final answer Regis!

Maybe it's a display chain or training type visual aid something to show proper chain tension, or if the tip is shot ect. so nobody gets cut from having hands on and no experience with saws or chains.

But ya, with the visual condition it's in I'm picturing an order from Acme made by Wille Coyote and the thing buck and kicks so much that we'll.... You know he gets the brunt of everything

Somebody got a new chain sharpener......and doesn't know how to use it.
Or.....it may be a brand new chain with the factory grind....kinda like the .325 100' roll I bought recently. (Brand shall remain anonomous for now!) Now, I gotta sharpen every new chain I sell. Already tried to call back the first two I sold, but the guy told me he filed them sharp after trying to cut with them. Probably lost a customer....my very first customer at that!!:nofunny:

I c them bout every day like that. Some guys hold the file up to really sharpen the top and don't cut the throat out, and yes they are a fantastic chain to c how many rpm your saw will turn in the wood.

Also that chain is usually on a plastic saw that won't run, then I explain how his dull chain melted the side off of his saw.

You
Somebody got a new chain sharpener......and doesn't know how to use it.
Or.....it may be a brand new chain with the factory grind....kinda like the .325 100' roll I bought recently. (Brand shall remain anonomous for now!) Now, I gotta sharpen every new chain I sell. Already tried to call back the first two I sold, but the guy told me he filed them sharp after trying to cut with them. Probably lost a customer....my very first customer at that!!:nofunny:
you'll get the hang of it just keep practicing and make sure you get the corners of cutters cleaned out and that'll help you out a lot. Also if you get some chain with a good factory grind you can match your grinder to those angles and try that out

I got a 455 in yesterday that has the exact same chain on it, the guy dropping it off kept on about how awesome it cuts, I'll take a pic of it when I get to the shop, it's the worst I've cn.

I've never seen one like that. Get alot that are filed to an extreme angle though, like 50-60*. Makes it a pain to properly grind since so much material has to be removed.

What do I win? I know did cause ain't nobody on here can even copy that.
It's a freind of mine's saw and I've gave him hell since I got it.
Now if you know u can't do better wouldn't you just take your chain off before you leave it to get worked on? I would.lol

Some top plate angle? To put it back to 30 there'd b no tooth left.

I really didn't look at your chain but if it's worse than that one u should punch who done it right in the face.

I tried that one just for a laugh and to rub it in some on my freind, it won't make dust, and that's Sharpe to him. I can't get my head around it. Lol

Latest posts

Back