And the meek shall inherit the earth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treemandan

Tree Freak
Reaction score
E/Am
We've taken care of everything
C
The books you read
G
The songs you sing
C
The pictures that
G
you hold dear to your
D
Eye !

Now on with the show:

aaaaanoak014.jpg

It was a thought just to pull the top out then the trunk with all the limbs still on it. We couldn't drop the whole thing

aaaaanoak017.jpg

aaaaanoak015.jpg

aaaaanoak016.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like fun, Dano. Gonna give Ed a call? He could probably help you with those doors you're working on.

Looks like fun, Dano. Gonna give Ed a call? He could probably help you with those doors you're working on.

Now that is funny

I feel bad for busting on what someone else has got but this is a neighborhood with older residents. I wouldn't have this guy mow my lawn, he can't even fix his truck. He pulled up all jackassed and ran over the curb and looked like a drunk bum.

just the radio tunes and one song i heard in a bar.

no to the legstraps for sure, i love the seat! doesnt get in the way at all does it?

just the radio tunes and one song i heard in a bar.

no to the legstraps for sure, i love the seat! doesnt get in the way at all does it?

Well somebody out there is bound to recognize the song.

I tell ya last time I flipped up side down I almost lost one.

Rush? *shudders*

"Never a prophet in your own land" or some such drivel.....

We make fun of Rush here. Neil Peart kicks arse though eh.

Do you like Celine Dion too?

I would like to say a few things about this job.

I was a sub on this one, I looked at it beforehand with the main guy. When I take on jobs like this I let everbody know if some obscure piece of deadwood goes the wrong way it will not be on me. Nor should it fall on the company. Sure, we smash the house, kill 6 kids and maim the dog that is one thing. But one little peice of fly-off that takes out a window or even puts a hole in the roof? NO. Why? Its a case of obvious neglect prior to anything I did. Today , in fact, I told everybody " I am just waiting for somebody to say something, anybody, anything, I don't care" We did have fly-off break up an end shingle... and that is how the cat wears the pajamas and I am waiting, go ahead, say something.
Not very much damage at all to the shingle but what I am saying is I think some of us put to much on ourslelves when we take on a job ( of course there are those who put to little) and stuff like that is to be expected. Its one of the first things I bring up when looking at a job like this. I often talk about neglect and how I am limited to what i can/will do and how much liabilty I assume with the HO.
The HO usually reacts in one of two ways: 1. they go offensive/defensive and find someone else( that's actually good) 2. They see the light ( which is better).
So that is that so who wants to know how I did all that in 6 hours ( actuall time I spent with trees) ?
Well that slingshot sure makes me look great so I don't mess around without it. Being able to shoot high strong lowering points was vital to the cause. Also, setting climbing lines for srt and being able to rope walk out the low limbs without climbing all the way up made the band. 4 trees I climbed to pretty much the top of each one so a round of applause for good ole' srt... please.
The job called for target deadwood, raise low limbs , a little clean up in the " eye zone" and get rid of the dead thing that has been standing by the front door since the dawn of time. So its not like I went through each tree. I suppose the big one out back would take half a day for that at least. This is how much we pulled off of that house no counting the truckload of unchippable rakings.

aaaaanoak039.jpg

I only did the lower portions and the TD wasn't much.

Clean up could have killed us. Just Jesse and John, they had been chipping the stuff from the front while I climbed and still had an hour just in raking into piles. I called The Boss and sent for another guy after lunch cause it was brutal. Hell, it was brutal for the 3 once we got to the back. Not bad really as far as getting it down but there was so much pin oak droppings it was crazy. That is when tired feet start tripping over it all the time. The guys start to lose it so I thought we needed some help with that. I lose it too. At one point, after chasing the neighbors dog away with the saw, I had climbed into a tree and the guys where all over the place. One out front, one sitting on a stoop and one on the phone, so I says " Yo! I need 3 ^%$#@'s back here right now!" and then it was cool. The lady came out for the dog too and I thanked her, dam thing kept barking at me.
Sometimes I can't budge the groundies, especially if I am on the ground so I can't always make them do what I want... unless I am in the tree then you know how it is. I told them 2 not to waste energy just the 2 of them raking up the front and to get the truck in the back but they just made their piles of rakings. If the other kid didn't come in after lunch that palce would still be a mess. There is still a big tarp load over there, we had no room but we did get out in good time with Temple of Sryinx just starting. They don't usually play that on the radio.

Back