Angie's List?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Menchhofer

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Anyone here on Angie's List or the equivalent? Have you guys heard of it or maybe not?

You need one of your clients to recomend you to the list, wich means they have to subscribe.

The idea behind it is that it is an unbiased referal source for the homeowner.

It's a good list, but...

I've had experience over the years with Angie's list. It's a really good referral program whereby subscribers (members) 'nominate' businesses to be put on the list. In other words, customers who subscribe to Angie's list, are then able to refer non-listed businesses to be included on the list. Angie's List then takes the nominated business, does a Better Business Bureau check on them, and from what I understand, digs into their background history to make sure the business is 'worthy' of inclusion on the list.

Its really popular, especially for folks moving into a new city who aren't dialled in to a network of services. Angie's List basically pre-screens services, and if you get elected to their list, you've essentially been seperated from the rest as 'above average'. It is considered, by the business or service, as somewhat of an honor, as the people hiring you, via the list, are essentially assured that you are reputable, legitimate and rank high in professional standard. You can't nominate yourself, nor can a non-subscriber nominate you. The nomination comes from within the member body and you, the service, may never even know you've been added to the referral service until you get a new customer calling who tells you they found you via Angie's List. Then you know. Generally speaking, it's a very good thing to be on Angie's List.

Attached is a note I wrote to Angie's List a couple years ago. -TM-

Frankly tho, as a homeowner, I'd be ????ed if I'd spend what they want in membership to access a limited resource as theirs. I'd spend my $$ at service-magic first.

Latest posts

Back