Another 041! now its a chain question...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atvhead

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i am starting to come to terms with the fact that 041s just seem to find me. I am now on my 5th 041 that i have gotten either free or darn close to it. they hold a special place in my heart for some reason. well latest one is from a salesman at my company who's father bought it brand new back in the 70s. He bought it from his brothers dealership in NY and eventually got passed down to the son. It still has the sticker on it from the dealership with the family's last name, kind of neat.

anyway - thing has had almost no use and hasn't been run since '93, and not much before that either.

ok ok on with it anyway. i have recently got my first 026 and love it. it is running the .325 chain. The 041 runs the 3/8. i only have one chain for the 026 and several for the 041. to make my life slightly easier i was thinking of consolidating to all 3/8 chains. I have a 16'' bar on the 026, how would it handle a 3/8 semi chisel round ground chain? too much for it?

16" bar and 3/8 chain is what I would be running. I don't have any need to have .325 around. The 260 and 261 have both .325 and 3/8 options in 16, 18 and 20".

Latest posts

Back