Another attempt at salvaging the oem 044 cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and then we might end up with an out of round cyl. but if that thin, may be too worn topside. i wonder what the OP's exp is, but i see he is into an engine and it is apart... đź‘Ť and appears to be no more damages from that...
If I had the OP`s cylinder here in my hands I could clean that one up in just a few mins, like Kevin I have cleaned many dozens of them up through the years and they ran for many more years on firewood duty. Just hand sanding that cylinder would not take much longer to get rid of the remaining transfer.

Seeing as how sombody is going to get all out of round.

Another fun fact regarding the OP's location- The BR in BRNO is also the first two letters of the name of the famous WW2 era light machine gun the British favoured in the BREN- the EN coming from ENFIELD.
It was a Czech designed weapon.

Seeing as how sombody is going to get all out of round.

Another fun fact regarding the OP's location- The BR in BRNO is also the first two letters of the name of the famous WW2 era light machine gun the British favoured in the BREN- the EN coming from ENFIELD.
It was a Czech designed weapon.
The Army lads just rescued a WWll Bren gun carrier close by to me, they even stopped into my place to have a jaw as to how it got there and what its recently used for, my dad was in the army during the war and did tell me what they were used for. The carrier will be restored and put on display either here or up in Ottawa, it had a very interesting history locally.

The Army lads just rescued a WWll Bren gun carrier close by to me, they even stopped into my place to have a jaw as to how it got there and what its recently used for, my dad was in the army during the war and did tell me what they were used for. The carrier will be restored and put on display either here or up in Ottawa, it had a very interesting history locally.

Sorry, I should have included the Commonwealth and not just Britain! Of course the BREN will be well known in Canada.
The carriers were used here alot post War as a GP carrier much like a Mule or packhorse team. Often used to pack out bundles of air dried Red Deer hides for sale.

Sorry, I should have included the Commonwealth and not just Britain! Of course the BREN will be well known in Canada.
The carriers were used here alot post War as a GP carrier much like a Mule or packhorse team. Often used to pack out bundles of air dried Red Deer hides for sale.
They worked as sort of a troop carrier on good level grounds but were of little use on rougher terrain, the tracks would come off easily, a packhorse would much more useful but the carriers must have filled some use in certain theaters. Dad told me they used a much better suited and a more robust machine the troops called a ,Weasel on rough terrain that did not have the reputation for track shedding. Though I have never seen one of these weasel machines mentioned or in person, I would like to come across one some day.

Back