Another byproduct of using a Super Split

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaseyForrest

I am NOT a tree freak.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Anyone see it? I started moving wood up from the back 40 to the lean too. The darker wood was split last year with a hydraulic splitter with a 4 way slip on. The lighter wood was split just a week or so ago.

dcb0ecaf109d69efa0bc6285235ef8dd.jpg

ca8870b63164e8fd6e4d6544e11d2099.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HA!! Good answer... The recent splits are the perfect size for loading into our stove. We side load into the Hearthstone and the wood that sits next to the door needs to be at least 20" so it can rest against the frame rather than rolling into the glass. Nice sized splits allow my wife to fanagle the front pieces in without to much fuss. The smaller splits also get the secondaries kicked off ASAP so we can shut the air off.

BUT.... There is something else. You were close.... look closer.

Ryan and oak got it. Hd caught another byproduct of the consistent sizing and squared off splits.

Sent from a field

So, uhhhh... What's my prize??

;)

To be honest you guys are making me rethink my recent splitter purchase. I was dead set on an electric super split in pursuit of a high production almost silent way to split wood. Since I want to split 32" lengths of wood, however I went hydraulic. I guess someday I'll just have to own one of each... It'd be nice to at least try a super split sometime soon.

Latest posts

Back