Another CL Score!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildman1024

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Grabbed a Remington Super 754 off CL today for $20. The poor thing is in tough shape but I just couldn't just let it go to waste. It was running then he let it sit. Just put a carb kit in it but "wont pull fuel". I have the tank apart now and am gonna replace the lines and make sure the carb kit is in correctly and go from there. Also the pull start needs to be fixed...the handle is broke.

Not a bad little saw though. She needs some parts if anyone has some. The clutch cover is busted and the top cover is broke to. Also the shroud is broke where the plug is. I don't know what people do to these things. I'll take the dremel and "adjust" where its broken my the plug and you wont really notice.

DSC03725.jpg

DSC03726.jpg

DSC03728.jpg

DSC03730.jpg

DSC03731.jpg

DSC03734.jpg

i have a bantam, earlier version of yours, 1959 or so. it is r/hand start no lower handle support, same nice roller tip bar.
good to hear you have the hl carb. what number is it ? my bantam has the cartner mod.N carb and you can't get parts for it. would like to replace the carter with a tilly HL. mine runs but takes a bit to get primed due to stiff diaphrams.
had to put a gasket in the tank and lines,also check out vent in the cap.
use ear plugs, these are LOUD, stub pipe as you can see. cheers !

i have a bantam, earlier version of yours, 1959 or so. it is r/hand start no lower handle support, same nice roller tip bar.
good to hear you have the hl carb. what number is it ? my bantam has the cartner mod.N carb and you can't get parts for it. would like to replace the carter with a tilly HL. mine runs but takes a bit to get primed due to stiff diaphrams.

Yea the thing is really gonna be loud since there is no muffler. I wish it was a 880 but couldn't pass it up. I'll put it back together and get it running.

I think mine has the tilly. Ill look tomorrow.

Thanks guys. I've always wanted a super 880 but figured this would do for now. It'll feel good to resurect the old girl cause she has so
e life left in her still. I was able to locate the broken parts thanks to a generous member and this post. I'm gonna try and arleast get her running this weekend and then I'll have the good parts to make her pretty again on the way. I do love the sound of these old remmies though

Thanks guys. I've always wanted a super 880 but figured this would do for now. It'll feel good to resurect the old girl cause she has so
e life left in her still. I was able to locate the broken parts thanks to a generous member and this post. I'm gonna try and arleast get her running this weekend and then I'll have the good parts to make her pretty again on the way. I do love the sound of these old remmies though

Can't wait to see and hear her in action!

Latest posts

Back