Another Craftsman TopHandle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't had a chance to really get into this one yet but my other craftsman one (2000) has an oil issue I gotta look at.

This new one has an 18" bar on it...is that gonna be to much? I'm only gonna use it for limbing anyways so it actually may be good so my fat azz does not have to bend over as much. ROFL:givebeer:

Those are nice little saws. I have an 1800, and an orange Craftsman 2.0. that was my dads. I just picked up a Craftsman power sharp the other day and it needs all the AV bushings, otherwise its pretty clean.

FYI Wildman, put some orange tape or something on the handle of that saw. Those gray Craftsmans are hard to find after you've layed it down in the woods and loaded up all your wood and moved around allot of limbs, and its starting to get dark. Ask me how I know. I had to find mine with a flashlite before.

I've fixed a bunch of these saw's carburetors and sold them after testing on a known runner. They have a lot of fuel line and seem to get full of trash easily...I guess maybe it's the line deteriorating. :dizzy:

The last one I listed sold in 25 minutes.

Nice little vibrators. I think I gave four or five away that ran for camping saws.

NOTE: The ROOSTER tail is NORMAL. Don't think something is wrong with your saw when you remove the carb cover and run it at WOT.

:givebeer:

:dizzy:

I've fixed a bunch of these saw's carburetors and sold them after testing on a known runner. They have a lot of fuel line and seem to get full of trash easily...I guess maybe it's the line deteriorating. :dizzy:

The last one I listed sold in 25 minutes.

that fuel line has got to be over a foot long.....

Thats a very, very small price to pay to not have to take the whole engine out of the case to work on the carb like a little McCulloch. :cheers:

Boy, ain't that the truth. I've took those XLs apart 4 or 5 times in a row when setting the metering height. Finicky little bastards.

Poulan 2300av rpm

Can anybody tell me what the max RPM for this saw is? I checked the manual and can't get an exact number besides their description of run it till it sounds good and doesn't lack power.

Latest posts

Back