Another day best spent inside.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponyexpress976

nipple fritters
Reaction score
Got the mower out and started to give the lawn a trim. Bad battery cable I shoulda replaced 6 months ago finally vibrated to death. Ran to the parts store (thankfully it's only 1 mile away). Fixed and back mowing for 10 minutes before the new hornets nest and I discovered each other. Mower abandoned, 8 stings, and Im off to get some death in a can (hardware store only 2 miles away). Nest annihilated and dripping, stings still throbbing, I go down to the splitting area to kill some time. Had some red oak that needed attention...splits easy enough so I thought it wouldn't be that bad to work up even though the relative humidity is sitting at about 12,000%. Turns out every tick for what seems like 100 miles was attending a GTG. Look in the shed to discover Im out of flea/tick treatment for the lawn. Found a mouse nest in a tarp I had neatly folded (of course the nest was 3-4 tarp layers deep and about 4 inches in diameter).

Some days I just wanna punch Mother Nature right in the mouth!

We were just below with humidity around 11,000%.

Finished trimming the hedges after lunch, went to meet a friends new baby. Tried mowing the lawn after dinner but the crapsman had other ideas. Acting like its starving for gas... But it's too dark and I don't have a garage.

Mother nature screwed you, Sears screwed me!

"If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have to luck at all" (Born Under a Bad Sign - Butterfield Blues Band, Cream, Jimi Hendrix)

I spent the day outside, putting brakes on the work truck. At least it was below 100 degrees.

The only luck I know is bad. Same goe's for change. ( how are you osama voters liking change)

Sounds like a bad day! At least you got a little bit of wood split.

I did most of the easy stuff...and was feeling pretty good, getting into a groove. Attempted to whack away at an ugly crotch piece to find it was full of carpenter ants!

Not only is Ma Nature gonna get a punch in the mouth, she's gonna get kicked in the ribs as well.

And yeah, it sure feels like if I didn't get hit with bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all. Despite some early rain here, humidity is at 12,500% and climbing.

I did most of the easy stuff...and was feeling pretty good, getting into a groove. Attempted to whack away at an ugly crotch piece to find it was full of carpenter ants!

Not only is Ma Nature gonna get a punch in the mouth, she's gonna get kicked in the ribs as well.

And yeah, it sure feels like if I didn't get hit with bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all. Despite some early rain here, humidity is at 12,500% and climbing.

Right then that wood would have went in the fireplace and got burnt down! I hate dealing with wood and carpenter ants!

Went right over to the fire pit...along with some cardboard, junk mail, and and an old particle board cabinet. He me a little ant barbecue right there in the middle of the yard!

Dang, you had a nasty day yesterday! And how the heck can the air hold this much water - did I get teleported to Florida or something? I'm just getting over a nasty head cold and this humidity is really not fun. But I really want to run my new saw. I thinkng I'll do some brush hogging and then give it a try.

You just know we're gonna get dumped on some time today, but it will hardly be any wetter.

Back