Another eBay shafting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was even burnt once by a saw off ebay, but i learned how to rebuild it right here on this site from the info given to me, by the good people with the know. :rock:

Like you need any rep points Trimmed but I left it for you for the good post.

Have to agree With u Cut4,,,,,I bought one of those Ebay saws that was represented as and looked like a complete saw and it alomost was,,, but its made up of several different saws,,,,, well I had the same result got some really great ideas from some people here just reading threads before ever posting and made the repairs and that same saw that I felt so bad about is one of my best starting most dependable saws I have,,,,,, ;)

I bought a saw about march 4 and I haven't received it yet. Received an e-mail from the seller that weather was bad had 14" of ice and snow. seller is located in wisconsin. I received email this week that the saw was accidentally mailed to detroit and she had some forms to fill out to get it sent to the rightful owner(ME!!).I am a bit suspicious but I am being patient. She has returned my e-mails no problem and i am 99% sure the saw will end up in my garage. Sometimes things happen.

Oh and BTW, thinly veiled racism isn't really much different from regular racism.

Not taking sides on the main issue in this thread, but will certainly address the above comment. I totally agree with "ValleyO'Giants, and what he said in post No. 49.

I have had experiences with this sort of thing, as, I'm sure a lot of people have. I, one time, spent 20 minutes on the phone with a person from India. I was having much trouble understanding what he was saying. I had to, repeatedly and politely ask him to please say again. He got annoyed with me!
I made sure that I was polite, when asking him to repeat, because I could not understand him. Again, he got pizzed at me!

Well, that was that, and I asked to please speak to his supervisor. Surprisingly the supervisor did get on the line. His speech was even harder to understand than the first fellow.:bang: I just hung up.

My point being that because this fellow from India acted like this and I didn't like it, it does not make me a racist. I don't hate Indians of any kind.

Comments such as the above are driven by this "politically correct" crap that our society spews forth. Frigg that! Why can't we take a person for what he/she is worth? What ever happen to common sense and respect the other person...

I'm done now...

Well actually sports fan,a very similar situation arose in another portion of the internet ,on a similar type foum that I'm not permitted to mention.That aside,as it turned out the seller was not the one at fault but rather the buyer in his hastiness.

It appears that this type stuff may be in fact a new type of activety arrising on the internet.Time will tell,I suppose.

Oh,I might add,very good internet detective work there Cut 4.I'll buy you a brew or three the next time we meet.:givebeer:

Al, how you been?!? Good to see you bud!

Btw, the seller in the auction in question just got 2 new positive feedbacks on his account.

Didn't I sell you a Husky 345 parts saw on ebay? That was the first thing I ever sold on ebay. Just wondering how I did (description etc.)

hey taplinhill,
what's the deal man no sparkplug no b/c no clutch. I thought when ya bought a saw on ebay it was ready to go?!:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: Just kiddin!!! seriously, I.m yery happy with it and ya got her shipped out pretty quick. I,ve already got a new piston and I think with a little tlc the cyl will pull through ok. right now im collecting parts for it. already got a new gas tank assy and I think the rest im gona buy at my trusty husky dealer to finish her up.. I think I already left you feedback but i'll double check. A+++ all the way!shouldnt be too long and shell be breathin fire and spittin chips. (right now it is on hold though because there is another saw lurking on ebay that i REALLY REALLY want! Cant give away anymore info though (the walls have ears!)

Good to know you're still kicking though. Made any cool stuff in the shop lately?
No but I've got the track assmbley built for a bandsaw mill,just have to finish the carriage assembley.

Ah,the subject at hand.I wonder what the deal is all of the sudden people complaining on the forums about e-bay transactions ?

As I mentioned before a similar situation arose on another part of the internet.In that example an unwarrented negative feed back was issued to the seller for no reason what so ever ,other than the buyer was pizzen because he got caught up in a bidding war and bid too much.

I think some times a person has to look at both sides of the story before you make a judgement call .As far as a negative feed back,I've never as yet had to issue one in well over 100 transactions.

Things can happen,computers can crash,the e-bay account can be compromised.In that case,e-bay will automatically stop any activity until the situation is rectified.

In dealing with e-bay some times a little patience is needed.

No but I've got the track assmbley built for a bandsaw mill,just have to finish the carriage assembley.

Ah,the subject at hand.I wonder what the deal is all of the sudden people complaining on the forums about e-bay transactions ?

As I mentioned before a similar situation arose on another part of the internet.In that example an unwarrented negative feed back was issued to the seller for no reason what so ever ,other than the buyer was pizzen because he got caught up in a bidding war and bid too much.

I think some times a person has to look at both sides of the story before you make a judgement call .As far as a negative feed back,I've never as yet had to issue one in well over 100 transactions.

Things can happen,computers can crash,the e-bay account can be compromised.In that case,e-bay will automatically stop any activity until the situation is rectified.

In dealing with e-bay some times a little patience is needed.

Hey Al... Glad to see you back here my friend.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Gary

If I ever win the lottery I'm just going to build a nice shop and then build and rebuild other stuff. Might sell some, might not. Oh that would be the life. I should start a thread!

Like a lot of chainsaw guys, my hearing is shot. Certain accents are all but incoherent to me. I state to them, right up front, that I am hearing impaired,

Great idea...and I wouldn't be lying because someone once told me that I must be impaired...:dizzy:

Latest posts

Back