Another how's my woodpile thread...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelbythedog

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Almost the end of September and here's where I'm at. I still have around 3 cord to stack. Each row in this stack measures 40'x4'x16" or 1.66 cord. There are six rows making the overall volume of the stack an even 10 cord.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Below is what was cut and split for my parents. They need to get hauling.

attachment.php

Nice!!!! Sometimes I just walk out to my stacks and just admire them. It's great to be prepared for the heating season, isn't it?

I got to get around to posting a picture or two myself.

Nice corners... Good use of pallets... Overall uniformity of stacks... I give it a solid 8.5!!! Had they been 8' tall, I would bump that to a 9.5...
:big_smile:

Wow nice work !!:msp_thumbup: Good job on the stacking , got yourself a nice area for stacking yor wood.

My neighobor has access to a backhoe and used it to clear some stumps and level the area out. The stacks are parallel to my barn, and about 75' from the door which I bring wood into the house.

Wow!

Looks like a pro firewood place! Very nice job! And about as perfect sized wood as can be gotten.

Looks good.

The only thing I would add to make the wood dryer is a separation between the ground and your pallets. A layer of 3mil plastic would be about as cheap as it gets.

A guy I know pesters lumber yards for warped/damaged sheets of treated plywood and puts his pallets on that to create the separation from the ground. Amazingly, his March split/stacked red oak of 4-6" thickness is ready to burn in November.

Nice stack of wood! I to have been at it this summer! Here is one of my stacks!
I have more but there not stacked as well. Last time I did a count I had about 45 cords.
2w6c7lk.jpg

The stacks are parallel to my barn, and about 75' from the door which I bring wood into the house.

With stacks that look like that I have no problem believing that you made them parallel to the barn and not some oddball angle. ;)

Or in other words, "If it's not a right angle, it's a wrong angle!" :hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php
[/QUOTE]

A really GOOD son would figure out a way to deliver that wood to his poor, old parents and make some of those nice, neat stacks at their house.

Almost the end of September and here's where I'm at. I still have around 3 cord to stack. Each row in this stack measures 40'x4'x16" or 1.66 cord. There are six rows making the overall volume of the stack an even 10 cord.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
Never mind hows my woodpile hows your back?:msp_biggrin:

attachment.php

A really GOOD son would figure out a way to deliver that wood to his poor, old parents and make some of those nice, neat stacks at their house.[/QUOTE]

It needs to go so I can get another semi load this winter when the ground is frozen. And so you don't have to lube up for your Consumer's bill this winter!

Back