Another mod complete and running GREAT!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are just run of the mill tamper proof torx bits, you can get them at any auto parts they use them on steering columns on many vehicles. And I did not mess with the covers as far are grinding, just messed with the cylinder side alittle.

TRANSFERS
Here you can see the transfers, side and bottom.
Also, the groove around the base of the cylinder cuz we didnt use a gasket

And finally , my favorite the muffler. I dont have a stock pic but you can imagine. We ditched the e-tec junk, gutted a non- E-tec.
All the gaskets on the exhaust side are matched to the cylinder(see pic) including the muffler. We took out as much meat as possible inside the muffler(see pic), and cut a square hole in the bottom for an exit(see pic). Note the spark arrester...for safety of course:chainsaw:

I think it looks great, but I have one question. If you remove the gasket, why cut a goove in it? It seems to me that two machined surfaces will seal much better with some gasket maker than two surfaces, one of which has a groove in it. The only reason I could see to groove it would be to properly machine one for an O-ring.

Here's the cylinder from my saw, I made a steel plate with a hole cut to fit the clyinder, then used adhiesive backed sandpaper. I set the cylinder into the plate and turned it by hand. I took squish from .042 to .016. I checked the cylinder on a piece of glass to see how true it cut, it was within .005. I used a new gasket.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I think it looks great, but I have one question. If you remove the gasket, why cut a goove in it? It seems to me that two machined surfaces will seal much better with some gasket maker than two surfaces, one of which has a groove in it. The only reason I could see to groove it would be to properly machine one for an O-ring.

the groove gives the sealer something to hold on to, it is almost like making an o-ring in a sense.

sure thing, you are in our area also. I would be glad to meet up with you and talk about what you want and all. I own one myself and was thinkiing of doing it in a few months! Just let me know
Mack

sure thing, you are in our area also. I would be glad to meet up with you and talk about what you want and all. I own one myself and was thinkiing of doing it in a few months! Just let me know
Mack

Thanks. Sounds good. My 372 is a month old with a dozen or so tanks through it. U in Gville?

sure thing, you are in our area also. I would be glad to meet up with you and talk about what you want and all. I own one myself (Husky 372) and was thinking of doing it in a few months! Just let me know
Mack

That spliains how a Stihl man can say good things bout Husky, he is a closet manufacturer switcher!!! .:jawdrop:
I'm outing StihlBoy :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

That spliains how a Stihl man can say good things bout Husky, he is a closet manufacturer switcher!!! .:jawdrop:
I'm outing StihlBoy :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Yes, but now he's out of the closet. Ah..... Feels good. :clap:

read my signature, I have 3 different brands, the name was just from my first saw, I loved it so much I kept my name, the 372 is one more saw though.

Thanks for the pics, as was mentioned above that exhaust port is a work of art. I'm not quite to the point of doing a port job just yet, but when and as I get to that point your pics will be a great help. Thanks!

Thanks to everyone for all the encouragement!! I was happy with the exhaust port but still wonder if going a little futher or polishing a little more would have made a difference. Then again I guess you always wonder what you could have done different once you get a project back together, lol :bang:

Dubai Vol, I think I have some more in detail pictures of the port work if you would like to have em.
Jeffrey

Back