Another Oil Thread 🙄

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ho woukd you known it exceeds a standard if it hasn't been tested?

It can't meet or exceed twc and the jaso ratings, it's basically impossible as they are two different specifications of oils, for completely different applications and running conditions.

I have no clue. I am being a smart ass in an oil thread while providing their info. Schaeffers spec sheet says meets or exceeds. I am fully aware that it can't technically meet all that at once.

I am also fully aware that just because they haven't paid for the testing and/or licensing doesn't mean that it doesn't meet or exceed one or more of what they claim.

Most claims of what oils are good oils are circumstantial and supported by a confirmation bias. Even if it has a rating that meets all the criteria and is legitimate doesn't necessarily mean that it doesn't have problems.

I have no clue. I am being a smart ass in an oil thread while providing their info. Schaeffers spec sheet says meets or exceeds. I am fully aware that it can't technically meet all that at once.

I am also fully aware that just because they haven't paid for the testing and/or licensing doesn't mean that it doesn't meet or exceed one or more of what they claim.

Most claims of what oils are good oils are circumstantial and supported by a confirmation bias. Even if it has a rating that meets all the criteria and is legitimate doesn't necessarily mean that it doesn't have problems.
That is why being actually tested and certified is important.
If you run a real deal certified oil you will not have any oil related issues.
Reputable companies don't make the "meets and exceeds" because it's BS marketing and designed to make gullible people think it's certified. In other words it's fraud.

Used a few gallons of schaffers 9000, works great at 32-1 but an less and its too thin and does not keep things oily enough for me. It definitely keeps things clean and burns clean but when the price went from 14 a quart to 20+ I stopped buying it up. When I run out of what I have ill buy a gallon of red armor or I might try the stens fd rated oil.

That is why being actually tested and certified is important.
If you run a real deal certified oil you will not have any oil related issues.
Reputable companies don't make the "meets and exceeds" because it's BS marketing and designed to make gullible people think it's certified. In other words it's fraud.
If they’ve been in business since the mid 1800’s I’m going to go out on a limb and say they’re a somewhat reputable company. I have no skin in the game and could care less either way as I run red armor and have had great results. The real world tests he performed right in front of us with big name companies against their stuff was pretty impressive. His claim with this two cycle is that you can physically watch and feel less vibration out of your two cycle equipment.

If they’ve been in business since the mid 1800’s I’m going to go out on a limb and say they’re a somewhat reputable company. I have no skin in the game and could care less either way as I run red armor and have had great results. The real world tests he performed right in front of us with big name companies against their stuff was pretty impressive. His claim with this two cycle is that you can physically watch and feel less vibration out of your two cycle equipment.
Yea, less vibration from oil sounds like snake oil. I bet the rest of these tests are dubious as well.

Yea, less vibration from oil sounds like snake oil. I bet the rest of these tests are dubious as well.
Oh I’m sure they’ve been taught some kind of gimmicky tactic using the electric motor and roller bearing that the “perspective” customer can participate by putting as much pressure as possible to stop the motor. Everything we threw at it that wasn’t Shaeffers amazingly failed Lol. I found a spray lube that another salesman similar to him gave me and we tried that. He couldn’t get it to fail. 😂 It was great he wanted a picture of the product.

Yeah, they were monsters in many ways, not all good either lol.
Had a original Z1-900 in 1972 Plum purple & orange (82 hp). The 1981 was a KZ-1000 (85 hp) . They did a one off Z1R 1000 in late 81 which was (87 hp) however the 1981 Suzuki GSX1100 produced over 100 hp which claimed it the Production King of the Hill Status !

Well, I'm still of the opinion I have never seen a worn out saw. And, I have seen a crap load of them.

They either get dropped, run over, straight gassed, just become obsolete, whatever.

But, worn out from cutting wood properly ? Nahh.
I had a Ms440 that I bought used, but in good shape. I logged with it for two season and re ringed as it was down on power. Used it one more season and gave it to a friend who is still running it a few times a year firewood cutting. It's a rattle trap now and down on power noticeably. It also consumed a fair bit of parts to get me three seasons out of it.
Most fallers cutting full time will get 1-3 years out of a saw before they are clapped out. Some die well before that for all the traditional reasons.
You can make a saw run forever if you throw enough parts at it.

I had a Ms440 that I bought used, but in good shape. I logged with it for two season and re ringed as it was down on power. Used it one more season and gave it to a friend who is still running it a few times a year firewood cutting. It's a rattle trap now and down on power noticeably. It also consumed a fair bit of parts to get me three seasons out of it.
Most fallers cutting full time will get 1-3 years out of a saw before they are clapped out. Some die well before that for all the traditional reasons.
You can make a saw run forever if you throw enough parts at it.

I don't doubt any of that. But, those who use a saw to that extent are maybe 1 in 100 , at the most.

I go through maybe 10 saws a week, depending on time of year, and another 20 or 30 blowers, weed eaters, cut off saws, and I never see one worn out. Never. Well, maybe cut off saw with no water. Concrete dust is rough.

Plenty straight gas, diesel fuel, run over , dropped,...

Even the tree service guys whose saws are shot, it is wear and tear other than the engine. I can make them run fine if they want.

I don't doubt any of that. But, those who use a saw to that extent are maybe 1 in 100 , at the most.

I go through maybe 10 saws a week, depending on time of year, and another 20 or 30 blowers, weed eaters, cut off saws, and I never see one worn out. Never. Well, maybe cut off saw with no water. Concrete dust is rough.

Plenty straight gas, diesel fuel, run over , dropped,...

Even the tree service guys whose saws are shot, it is wear and tear other than the engine. I can make them run fine if they want.
I doubt many guys are sending clapped out saws to a guy to get worked on at $50-75/hr. They quit being worth that long before they get parked

Back