Another piping question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redbird

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So the stove has been in it's current location for about 8 yrs. I'm tired of walking up and down the hill to load it so I am moving it closer to home, about 75 ft from back door. Obviously I'm not digging up the cheap pipe I installed it with so I am looking for new pipe. Anyone used anything from these people?
http://www.z-supply.com/performaflex-xt.html

Product looks decent. My biggest concern with pipe is what the outer tube is made of. I've seen the cheap "drainage" style stuff and there is no way it keeps the water out. This looks like much better stuff.
I do have some doubts about some of the claims on their site but maybe it is correct I really have no idea. In 2014 they made 350,000' of pipe, enough for approx. 3500 OWB installs. Says they have 35% market share so multiply that by the 3500 OWBs and that means approx. 10,000 OWB installs in 2014. Wow that's a lot of OWBs for 1 year. There are also tons of guys making their own line so that means the number of installs is even higher. Who's building 10,000 OWB's a year?

I would go for the solid foam stuff - Thermopex or Logstor. Way more potential for the wrapped stuff to wick in moisture - then your heat loss goes through the roof.

Back