Another pretty Jonny added to the stable

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jonsered 2165

Here's the 2165. It turns out that it is a 2006 model, but brand new, never fueled:biggrin:

IMG_9613-M.jpg

IMG_9615-M.jpg

IMG_9614-M.jpg

IMG_9616-M.jpg

IMG_9617-M.jpg

wheres its little brother? :angry:

edit
errr. spoke too soon lol

Last edited:
I bought a brand new OEM 372 topend for the 2165, but I'm going to try the existing topend first. I don't have any 60cc class saws, so this could be my 4 cube GTG toy. I've ordered everything needed to put the 372XP XT low profile filter, 390XP carb, and 2171 cylinder/filter covers.

The 2153 will be given similiar treatment, complete with mods and 357 carb/filter setup.

Last edited:
I have run against both complete stock and muff modded and none have ever been close.

Mike

You still didn't define "stock" .

It's like any motorized object . Take 5 exactly alike chainsaw models off the dealers shelf , and 1 will be snappiest of the lot . Same thing with cars , etc . You've obviously got a very "happy" 6400 there , if indeed you havn't massaged the innards . :rock:

Stock means STOCK!

The way it came from the dealers shelf.
No massaging, no help, not even a spark plug replacement or air filter cleaning.
Now, the 6400 that I will be running this time next year, (Lord willing) will be a different story.:msp_wink:

Mike

Well, the 6401 I had must have been a turd, because my 2165 (and 2163 and 630) beat it hands down. And all of the saws were stock. You also have to remember that some of the early 365/2065 were open port.

Back