another ripsaw on ebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aquan8tor

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Not trying to put mud in anybodies cornflakes, but the seller in the QUESTIONS section states...

{{ When I got it I was told a stihl, but I'm sure you can buy the gears you would need for just about any saw from better built. }}

Wrong information. That cast piece that mates the Ripsaw to the powerhead comes in two flavors... Stihl and Husky. If you have a Ripsaw that fits a Stihl, it will not fit a Husky because the oil output for one thing will not mate in the right place. You can NOT just buy a "gear" and put "just about any saw" on it as the seller says.

Also, not a real big deal, but this is the older style Ripsaw with the large black knobs for setting the cutting height. The newer Ripsaws have a little beefier nut instead. You can always upgrade once you get the thing.

If I were to buy this mill, I would want to know the history of it. Who had it before this person bought it, and how hard was it used. Could be a weekend warrior, and it's in great shape.

Latest posts

Back