Another rookie post DCS6421

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've only had that if I've flooded a saw big time. Happened on saws in repair though that was before carb rebuilds.

It bogged out on me 1 time in the cut but it started right back up. And there is no oil coming out the port that I think it would be if it was that rich. It is 40:1 vp fuel if that makes a difference. Wish I could post this vidio. I'll have to take one strait from this app and post it guess. But it is 4 stroking bar fully buried

Looks like I got it. I know water and air will always take the path of least resistance when traveling. Oil and gas same concept so I pulled the muffler to find out exactly where the problems is. Shure enough there was tiny gap allowing the oil to be pushed up upwards tward the top screw. The oil the was getting into the threads of the screw and running out and down the seam of the muffler.i cleaned it all up real good and put her back together. Im going to lean it out another turn and see where I'm at. Definetly way too rich still. Thanks for the input guys
427176bb66304e4df9fc6d32567f8f4b.jpg

Yes its a new saw only a few tanks yet. WOT rpm is set to 11200. Max is 13500. Thats 1 1/4 turns out. L is set 3 1/8 out not shure of idle but its ideling at 2200-2300 and Its runnings great. Burbles out of cut No stalling no,bogging good trigger reaponseand just ripps. I'm running VP 40:1 just wantes to make shure I'm completly on the right track as im learning. Did notice some chunky dirty oil running down the seam of the muffler today the center where the two pieces are crimped and sealed together. Cant tell if its just bar and chain oil or what. It is not coming out of the screened port its dry there. It's mostly towards the back top end and dripping down. Really hope I dont have a bad seal to front end. Going to run it with no B N C or BnC oil tomarrow. But new saw and and I'm a rookie so not freaking out. I cleaned it up already so can't send pic. I'll post a vid of some cuts tomarrow if I get the time. Thanks for all the help guys.

Is this saw really set to 3 1/8 turns out on the low screw? I don't know how it could even run set that rich. Put it back in to 1.5 turns out from lightly seated and tune from there. My 6401 is sitting at about 1.5 turns out on both hi and low screws and it runs hard. Great saw.

Is this saw really set to 3 1/8 turns out on the low screw? I don't know how it could even run set that rich. Put it back in to 1.5 turns out from lightly seated and tune from there. My 6401 is sitting at about 1.5 turns out on both hi and low screws and it runs hard. Great saw.
No that's actually a mistake on my part. The L is set .875 of a turn out. So three 1/4 turns and 1/8. And its just a bit more than that because I dont seat them all the way just until I feel resistince. Sorry should have been more specific. I actually have turned it out a bit since then. Just curious, how many turns do you have on your idle? Full turns...lol

I never count turns for idle screw, I just set it to match the tune.

I set my low and idle by setting idle so chain is just barely engaging. Then I slowly move low screw in or out til I get maximum rpm/chain speed. Once I find that spot I turn low screw out/richer 1/8 turn to be safe. Then reset idle.

Latest posts

Back