Another score!?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just loaded and ready to leave the current job when a guy stops. He was one I had called about a month ago and got the standard "I'll let you know" which always in the past meant "when he** freezes over". Said when I finish the current job (5 trees to go) he wants me to work on his.

The farmstead

003.jpg

Field border - too long to get it in one shot

004-2.jpg

005-4.jpg

Near as I can tell there are 15 trees on that border. Those are the ones I can have. Haven't climbed up there to inspect but from the road they look on the small side. I've been fooled before on guessing sized though. My bet is I will also be getting some around the farmstead as some of them are looking sick.

Gives me a problem. My wife is in rehab after a craniotomy to relieve a 'bleeder'. Very unstable on her feet even using a walker. Should be coming home in another week or two which will severely limit my 'cutting time'

I also have 3 trees at another site I already promised, another 3 that I have a query out on, an entire patch on a "call me in April and we'll talk", plus three huge willows that I must get out this year - promised that I would do them 4 years ago. At least on the willows, just putting them on the ground would satisfy him. I can't stomach the idea of cutting a live tree and letting it rot though.

I may have to pass the latest batch off a buddy. Am definitely declining the Boyer Park stuff.

Harry K

Harry are you declining the Boyer Park stuff because of the long climb out of the gorge?

Be careful out there Harry,

I agree with the priorities too. Take care of the little lady and I hope it all works out well for her and you.
My Pops had an eschemic (blockage) type last year and lost allot of the right side usage. Since then we've moved him in with my brother. My Mum is up here with me. It's tough when parents (or any family) get old or ill, but we (kids) promised no nursing homes and we're sticking too it. Best Regards. :cheers:

Harry are you declining the Boyer Park stuff because of the long climb out of the gorge?

Well, that and missing out on the fun of actually cutting my own. Time I work through what I have promised to do, I'll have at least 30 cord in the pasture plus another 20 of Willow (adding to last years cut). Stockpiling can get out of hand :)...did I actually say that?

Harry K

Latest posts

Back