another splitter build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt: I think what you need to do is make a flywheel splitter. Two 500 pound flywheels. Two engines. One very small engine for a small hyd pump to run cyl on log lift!!! LOL :hmm3grin2orange::blob2::laugh:

...:dizzy:

Then I'd have 3 motors to keep running!!!

Do you want to be a smartass??? Or you gonna answer the question???

Are you saying the cylinder with a 22gpm pump and 3/4" hoses is going to be faster than the cylinder with a 22gpm pump and 1/2" hoses?
If so...
How much faster???

And is it only faster in it's secondary stage? Or both? Or does it just hang tougher in the primary possibly not needing to go to secondary?

Better to be a smartass than a dumbass !

5x24 2.25 ram with 22 gpm pump 10 sec. cycle time. 28 gpm cycle time is 8 sec. with a 3" ram and 28 gpm pump 7 sec. ordered my cylinder today. made in the usa and has -12 sae ports. 4 yr warranty to boot.

seeking more opinions

i'm working on the design of my beam and pusher. here's what i got on my mind. for my top plate on the beam, 8'x 3/4 hot rolled flat. the anchor point for the cylinder will be 6x1 flat bar extending to the bottom of the beam. the face of the pusher will be 8x8x3/4. the anchor for the rod end will be 1x3 flat. 1/2 gussetts on each side of the pusher face plate. the slide will be 10x12x3/4. i plan for the wedge to be made from 1x6 but i don't know how high i should make it. i plan to notch the top plate to allow the cylinder anchor and the wedge to extend through the top plate all the way to the bottom of the beam in order to tie everything together. like i said, i'm still in the planning stage so i'm open for suggestions. i'm thinking about putting this top plate on top of some 9 5/8 inch super heavy wall pipe for my beam. just something i'm tossing around. i haven't had the time to do any scrounging to see what i can find but i do have access to the pipe and it will certianly be strong.

$219 will get you 22 gpm from Surplus Center $229 for 28 gpm. It pays to shop sometimes.

yep i haven't really shopped pumps yet. splitez had the best price i found on this particular cyl. the only way i could find a cyl. with -12 ports other than this one was the really heavy high priced stuff. ie prince gladiator etc

looking closer at my cylinder i found out it is made in china. oh well. but i also discovered it has 2 ports on the extend end. good place for a 3/4' dump valve!

What brand of pumps are those??? That's cheap!!! :msp_confused:

I think those are some offshore pumps, I just bought a haldex 28 for 320 delivered. what i've seen with the off brand pumps are 1" inlet & 3/4" outlet.

Latest posts

Back