Another vintage goodie. Jacob J.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beauty saw!

The one thing I love about the 1960's and earlier saws... is just how "mechanical" they look. Brutal lookin' machinery for the task they were designed for. :)

Gary

Just like the guys that were running them back then, brutal on the eyes. :)

Lee-

That old Danarm is a good'un. It sounds just like an old Villiers 125. When I was a kid my dad was good friends with a retired bike mechanic and he had a bunch of British engines. I love 'em. Looks like Nik did an outstanding job on the new cup. It's a good thing we have him around.

Thanks guys,
I'm glad to have it on the competed list.
Nik did a fantastic job, A great asset to this
forum. I can't thank him enough.
Glad you like it JJ. it was kool to run but
very hot on the left hand. Muffler is right there.

Lee

Real cool saw, It kinda has a look of the Pioneer 620, alot of similarities I think! I thnk the old saws are alot more fun than the new ones sometimes. They have character for sure.

Does anyone know how many head gaskets these 125's have on them?
I have taken 2 off mine whilst I am fitting a decomp valve!

Does anyone know how many head gaskets these 125's have on them?
I have taken 2 off mine whilst I am fitting a decomp valve!

Interesting to see a great old post brought up again.

I can check the head gasket on mine Wednesday night. The number is irrelevant it is the thickness that matters

Hi,
That would be great if you could, this is the only problem buying old saws you do not know what mods other people have done to them.
But at the same time why did Danarm not make gaskets of different thickness’s (probably to save money) who knows.

Back