another visit to the grumpy saw guru

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Definitive Dave

wanna-be saw racer, saw hoarder, parts whore
Reaction score
the voices in my head tell me to buy chainsaws
He called to say he had some boxes of Stihl saws and Literature for me, so away I went :)

The Literature was a pair of the big 4" Stihl binders with the IPLs and the other full of Tech bulletins, super clean and complete unlike most I have found.

I snagged a pair of Stihl NOS 18" pico bars
An old large engraved Oregon bar and a pair of NOS Poulan hard nose bars (one already claimed)

I picked up a handful of NOS parts for Homelite and Mac guys, but not everything that was on the wish list and no Mac 850s :)

The Stihl parts ended up being 9 boxes of S-10, 08S, 030/031/032 and TS350 concrete saw parts so if anybody needs any of that stuff, let me know, I took it for a few minty fuel and oil caps and a decent recoil badge, but there are lots of good parts, just not for saws I work on.

A few pics, the David Bradley was a recent trade in it is complete and not locked up, and the red white and blue saw is a 1976 bicentennial poulan with low compression.
IMG_7553_zpsmsjgmqnu.jpg
IMG_7554_zpsyp0mbmyz.jpg
IMG_7538_zpss89em3ov.jpg
IMG_7536_zps1i6ihuw4.jpg
IMG_7530_zps1wpvh8bf.jpg
IMG_7533_zpslquaf8ao.jpg
IMG_7540_zpsuo6usdoh.jpg
IMG_7535_zpsweioqrni.jpg
IMG_7558_zpsdzi5ltxc.jpg

Also got to the engraver to test engraving old school logo on a modern bar for the 075 project, just cut a sample letter in a stock bar, it came out sharply so we are having the template made

IMG_7557_zpsjxwivo40.jpg

We are going to remove the painted logo and engrave the 60's era logo as large as will fit and then inpaint with bright red :)
Dave

I saw for sure recoils, carbs, air filters and covers probably complete saws if someone was patient enough to go through it all.
Speak up if you can use anything.
I also got a complete set of literature and tech notes for those models I will never use.
Dave

Dave, those Poulan bars, are those 14mm slot bars?

I just checked they are 14mm, only the 24/25" is available I paid $35, so that's what it costs for whoever needs it.

You selling the whole IPL binder or just the ipls you don't need? I am in need of a good p&c for an 032.
I have a stack of binders from different eras and am trying to get together complete info on the models I like to work on, At present I have all the 050/51/75/76 stuff scanned if anyone Is in need.
The stuff I don't need is up for grabs without cost with preference given to anyone who can/will scan the old stuff for use by the chainsaw masses. Mediacat has a lot of info but all the tech notes are missing which are important for puzzle solving and restorations.

If he ever offers you the chance to snag that Jonsered sign- I'm after one o'dem.
He has multiples of most of the big metal signs that are hanging on the walls, I have my eye on a handful as well, but so far they aren't for sale, just like the giant Diston, Speeddemon and Homelites on the top shelf.
He has bunches of smaller lighted signs too, there is a husky air injection "light box" that I have been eyeballing, it is gorgeous even though I am stihl guy but so far it isn't for sale.

I just checked they are 14mm, only the 24/25" is available I paid $35, so that's what it costs for whoever needs it.

I have a stack of binders from different eras and am trying to get together complete info on the models I like to work on, At present I have all the 050/51/75/76 stuff scanned if anyone Is in need.
The stuff I don't need is up for grabs without cost with preference given to anyone who can/will scan the old stuff for use by the chainsaw masses. Mediacat has a lot of info but all the tech notes are missing which are important for puzzle solving and restorations.

He has multiples of most of the big metal signs that are hanging on the walls, I have my eye on a handful as well, but so far they aren't for sale, just like the giant Diston, Speeddemon and Homelites on the top shelf.
He has bunches of smaller lighted signs too, there is a husky air injection "light box" that I have been eyeballing, it is gorgeous even though I am stihl guy but so far it isn't for sale.
That's what I thought. Those only fit the Poulan 5500 and 6000 saws. Of course they also fit Dolmars that used that large mount also.

Look closely at the 064/066 ipls, might be some good info on the coil/flywheel issue.
As well as variations of the 028, 032,031, etc. The newer ipls dropped a lot of the different pics and part numbers,
and just focused on the most popular ones.

For example, The older ts350 ipl has a blowup of the old fairbank morse starters, whereas the new ipls don't have it.

Latest posts

Back