Another "What is this one"?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zogger

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Coupla pics with the flowers. No visible thorns anywhere. Don't recall seeing bean pods either, but not sure on that.

Attachments

• IMG_20140617_115429.jpg
    IMG_20140617_115429.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20140617_115443.jpg
    IMG_20140617_115443.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 96
Just because I enjoy being a pedantic putz, I have to point out that this is not a "true" mimosa. The scientific name is Albizia julibrissin and Silk Tree or Persian Silk Tree are good common names. Yes, it is invasive and makes crap firewood.

Pretty flower but that is about it. Considered an invasive species and has the btus of balsa wood.

If I wind up cutting any, in the stacks! I got to touch it, I'll get some use from it. The larger one in the pic is at the opposite end of my multi year project string, logging down the side of a chicken house. So eventually it is gonna get cut.

Just because I enjoy being a pedantic putz, I have to point out that this is not a "true" mimosa. The scientific name is Albizia julibrissin and Silk Tree or Persian Silk Tree are good common names. Yes, it is invasive and makes crap firewood.

Thanks! Good to learn something today.

Back