Another "Wild thing" story

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike mandry

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
My neighbor works for the cable company. He drives a bucket truck & is a climber.

Guess what he does on the side. You guessed it.

Yesterday he dropped a 70 yo elm. about 36" DBH or so.

Yes, he has a "Wld thang"

I saw him today at the gas station & asked him what he used on the big stuff. I thought surely he has a bigger (and better) saw.

His reply.............. "My Poulan, I have a 20" bar that I put on for the big stuff"

Well, he does not burn wood, so he is saving it for me. He has it cut up in 6 foot lengths. He said he loaded it on the trailer with the boom on the bucket truck & some lifting straps.

Fun thing is that I get to go over tomorrow with my new 55R & SXL 925 Homie & see just how wild that thing is.......

Now I have to convince my wifes cousin to come over with his splitter. A few cold ones should take care of that though.

I dont think he is.

I have seen him work & he does seem to know what he is doing.

I know he used to work for a tree service years ago, before he started with the cable company.

Does the cable company know he uses their truck "on the side"? I'll geuss either "no" or he's tipping someone.

Either way, your friend is a low-balling hack.

Thats a good question.............

I know he is in pretty good with them & he uses the truck for his personal vehicle & they foot the fuel bill (F450 diesel)

He lives 60 miles from the office & drives around 30K a year in it.

long as they dont get carried away with it. i always called that just job perks.. although doing a side buisiness with their equipment ,would be stretching that concept a bit..your post reminds me of an tree worker i bought an 028 from..
he pointed at a small green poulan in the corner.. said that was the best he had used..to be considered is that this fellow looked like he mite live in a tree.
a real silverback..but i dont think he could think to hard..:)

Back