Anti-firewood Snob

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, and recently infested Woodstock

Yeah

But we had the good sense to pass Prop 46 years ago and the Right to Farm Ordinance more recently.

Those two, especially Prop 46, has kept them at bay, and prevented them doing any real serious damage.

It's the uninformed Government and especially the State Bureaucracies in Hartford and their mandates that scare me.

Take Care

Never heard it put that way... But... yeah... What he said....:snicker:

Your avatar hurts my back. I never had a bad back until I started burning wood. I absolutely love burning and processing wood, but when my back acts up, I sometimes wish I would have never laid eyes on a chainsaw.

She's Jealous or Envious

Actually, I think she's either jealous or envious of you because she knows that your house is warmer than hers is. So, to make up for it, she critcizes your wood pile to make her feel better.

I believe this falls into the category of valence theory, first proposed by famed psychologist Kurt Lewin back in 1935. People do strange things to obtain internal equilibrium in order to feel better.

In laymen's terms, it's driving her batty that your house is nice and warm as the woodpile goes down; meanwhile, her house is colder and she has to run the furnace more and pay a higher heating bill to obtain the same comfort level.

My neighbor's husband is lazy and won't go out and clear the snow, even though she bought him a nice John Deere 2-stage. I always clear the snow with mine, and everytime I do that, she probably does a slow burn. So, she hires a crew to remove the snow and then forces him to write out the check to pay for it.

Your avatar hurts my back. I never had a bad back until I started burning wood. I absolutely love burning and processing wood, but when my back acts up, I sometimes wish I would have never laid eyes on a chainsaw.

True... But I know two marathon runners that have bad knees..... They run... We cut, split, and stack...:bulgy-eyes:

Cognitive Dissonance?

Then there is another theory that probably applies here: dissonance reduction.

Your wood heat, symbolized by the wood pile, is inducing cognitive dissonance into her mind and that gets reinforced whenever she pays her monthly heating bill. Whenever dissonance exists, people attempt to reduce it, and she does this by openly complaining about your wood pile. It's about the only course of action that she can take unless she starts heating with wood herself.

Regardless, it's not your problem. I think she will eventially get over it. She sounds terribly immature and childish--perhaps insecure as well.

Latest posts

Back