Anti=freeze? no good

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooterbum

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Thinking about hooking up a dishwasher in the shop for parts cleaning.I want to use about a 30Gal. tank for my cleaning mix and another for rinse.

What could I use in the rinse tank to keep it from freezing that will not leave to much residue ?

Thinking about hooking up a dishwasher in the shop for parts cleaning.I want to use about a 30Gal. tank for my cleaning mix and another for rinse.

What could I use in the rinse tank to keep it from freezing that will not leave to much residue ?

You could run it with regular water and when you're storing it, pipe back in some of that pink RV antifreeze. I'd avoid the automotive type for a dishwasher.

You could run it with regular water and when you're storing it, pipe back in some of that pink RV antifreeze. I'd avoid the automotive type for a dishwasher.

+1 on the pink RV antifreeze, ive seen some before that were even potable(drinkable) even tho i prolly wouldn't do it

If your talking about an actual "tank", then you could use one of those livestock water tank heaters, they have a built in thermostat that turns them on when temp drops....

WidowMaker

If you are using ethanol based antifreeze make sure you dont use the temperature boost coil or you might have a little ka boom!

What type of 'dishwasher' are you planning to use? Commercial?

No "Harry Homeowner" AKA landfill rescue.

I want to use Simple Green in one tank and then have a rinse tank to follow.

I know Simple Green won't freeze at the temps around here.Maybe a little alcohol mixed in the rinse tank might be the way to go.

I would use alcohol. You could use windshield washer fluid, or just dump some rubbing alcohol in the rinse water.

Look for an old Hobart made Kitchen-Aid if possible-good design & porcelain tub & hotter heater-if you're planning on using heat. Dishwashing detergent works wonderfully for degreasing-thats what it does to your plates-though I don't know what it would do to certain metals. Anything that foams-simple green-will cause suds lock in the pump & prevent the pump from pumping water. To use a dishwasher, you will have to find a low sudsing cleaner. It would work very well as a rinser though. I am an appliance tech-be happy to help.

Look for an old Hobart made Kitchen-Aid if possible-good design & porcelain tub & hotter heater-if you're planning on using heat. Dishwashing detergent works wonderfully for degreasing-thats what it does to your plates-though I don't know what it would do to certain metals. Anything that foams-simple green-will cause suds lock in the pump & prevent the pump from pumping water. To use a dishwasher, you will have to find a low sudsing cleaner. It would work very well as a rinser though. I am an appliance tech-be happy to help.
I agree on the low sudsing thing. Have you ever put liquid dawn-like dishwashing soap in a dishwasher? It's amazing how many bubbles about a cup of that stuff actually produces....I did this one time not knowing there was a difference between "dishwashing" and "dish washer" soap ;).

Edit to previous post

For easier use, the deisgn of a GE would be easier because you could simply disconnect the drain solenoid & the dishwasher would not try to pump out the water. Pretty much any other brand would be more difficult to prevent pump out.

Latest posts

Back