Antique saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is how the ad reads......
David Bradley
2 bar gear driven chain saw from the Fifties??? Both turn over and supposedly one will start. Don't have 2nd bar. $225 for both or best CASH offer
5I95G25M43E93Ia3M9c93daa7488e1f0f104b.jpg

5G25W25K33M93Ja3Ndc930aef6a1b5fba1592.jpg

5G35H35Mb3Mb3L73Jcc93f3452f41bd6e13a5.jpg

5L95N55Mc3E23Mb3J5c930cf2608e6ece127e.jpg

5N55F75H43Id3Ff3M3c937709e8e9e27d1b0b.jpg

5Lf5E55Ja3Ef3Ke3N9c93b321769bd05318ae.jpg

Here is how the ad reads......
David Bradley
2 bar gear driven chain saw from the Fifties??? Both turn over and supposedly one will start. Don't have 2nd bar. $225 for both or best CASH offer
5I95G25M43E93Ia3M9c93daa7488e1f0f104b.jpg

They are not worth much. One is missing the starter, the air filter and cover.
The ID tag is missing too. The other one has no chain.
I would only pay $20 to $25 each.

Was there a standard color scheme to the david bradley's? I have two that i'm making into one. One looks to be a silver finish, the other, well, i can't tell what color it used to be, lol. 917.60003 is the one i have. The better looking of the two runs, needs a carb kit and the recoil is a little sloppy, the other doesn't have a recoil to rob and is in pretty rough shape. Was sitting in my neighbors garage, on the concrete, for who knows how long. Found it on my doorstep when i came home one day. Hey, your a chainsaw guy, figured you'd like to have this....gee thanks....and so it begins..lol

i'm gonna go ahead and ask. for the life of me i can't figure out why you'd want two bars unless you just like cookies. anyone got any idea?

For the most part, those saws weren't actually intended to have two bars on them at the same time. These saws (and some other gear drives) have provissions for two different bar mounting possitions. The 'left' possition is 'standard' and gives the saw better ballance. The 'right' possition was commonly used for 'stumping'. I've heard of these gear drives being used with two bars for notching rails when making fences, but have never seen them used that way....

Was there a standard color scheme to the david bradley's? I have two that i'm making into one. One looks to be a silver finish, the other, well, i can't tell what color it used to be, lol. 917.60003 is the one i have. The better looking of the two runs, needs a carb kit and the recoil is a little sloppy, the other doesn't have a recoil to rob and is in pretty rough shape. Was sitting in my neighbors garage, on the concrete, for who knows how long. Found it on my doorstep when i came home one day. Hey, your a chainsaw guy, figured you'd like to have this....gee thanks....and so it begins..lol

Most of them were gray-silver with red or orange and some are Cream-white with red or orange. Some models were all orange or yellow.
I think there were some red ones too.

I like the look of these David Bradley's. This is one of the first saws I restored years ago.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I've got an old, made in Canada Jonsereds 36cc no-brake, no-antivibe, no baffles or spark arrestor. In fact you can see the piston ring thru the slits in the "muffler"....

View attachment 252543

I've taken it apart to change the gaskets and seals. It won't run for more than a few seconds now. I think I may have reversed the high and low speed screws.... maybe not, but before I get into it, I'd like to know how to identify which is which.

Any ideers anyone ?

one i picked up ive had her running with a different tank hooked up but it needs a new fuel tank i will be making a brass one
i think it is a tornado

Most of them were gray-silver with red or orange and some are Cream-white with red or orange. Some models were all orange or yellow.
I think there were some red ones too.

I like the look of these David Bradley's. This is one of the first saws I restored years ago.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice saws Cliff, But you know which one i prefer.
Yep, The one with the big bad motta in it. 130cc's
it is.

Lee

one i picked up ive had her running with a different tank hooked up but it needs a new fuel tank i will be making a brass one
i think it is a tornado

If your machine is a Danarm Tornado, it should look similar to this one. This is an early Tornado - the later model units came with a plastic fuel tank and other improvements.

Chris.

attachment.php

attachment.php

If your machine is a Danarm Tornado, it should look similar to this one. This is an early Tornado - the later model units came with a plastic fuel tank and other improvements.

Chris.

attachment.php

attachment.php

yeah mine looks like that im missing a few parts
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

yeah mine looks like that im missing a few parts
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Yes, you have yourself a Danarm Tornado, and a British built machine at that.
Mine is an Australian built machine, apart from the basic Villiers engine which was supplied from England.
One of the heaviest single man machines around, but they sold very well out here. You should be able to dig up the parts required to make yours complete.

Chris.

Yes, you have yourself a Danarm Tornado, and a British built machine at that.
Mine is an Australian built machine, apart from the basic Villiers engine which was supplied from England.
One of the heaviest single man machines around, but they sold very well out here. You should be able to dig up the parts required to make yours complete.

Chris.

hay mate where abuts am i likely to find parts ??? its a bummer about the tank but ill make a brass one
dose yours still run ???

hay mate where abuts am i likely to find parts ??? its a bummer about the tank but ill make a brass one
dose yours still run ???

Parts come up every now and then - you are more likely to find a complete saw. What is wrong with your tank? I see no fuel tap - is it rotted out ?
This Tornado of mine does run, although it needs a new HT lead. It is an original machine, and is fitted with a loop of Danarm branded scratcher chain. I only got this one running last weekend, but have it set aside for the ignition repairs. Loud and heavy.

Where are you located?

Chris.

Parts come up every now and then - you are more likely to find a complete saw. What is wrong with your tank? I see no fuel tap - is it rotted out ?
This Tornado of mine does run, although it needs a new HT lead. It is an original machine, and is fitted with a loop of Danarm branded scratcher chain. I only got this one running last weekend, but have it set aside for the ignition repairs. Loud and heavy.

Where are you located?

Chris.

my tank is rusted out ive got the fuel tap i took it of to get the tread size im in burrill lake about 5 mins south of ulladulla say 2hours from you i may have some of the old style HT lead here you can have it if i can find it

my tank is rusted out ive got the fuel tap i took it of to get the tread size im in burrill lake about 5 mins south of ulladulla say 2hours from you i may have some of the old style HT lead here you can have it if i can find it

Thankyou for the offer of the HT lead. I have already got a couple ordered from the UK.
You are in a nice part of the world - passed through on my way down to Eden a month or so ago.
I will keep my eye out for a tank and the bar assembly.

Chris.

Wow paccity, looks great! It's funny you post this when there is one of those for sale on my local craigslist right now. If anyone is interested let me know and i'll check em out and pick em up or what ever. The $225 bones sounded a little steep to me, but may be a deal :msp_confused:

I've had 2 of those DB 360's. One was free and the other was $20. It's hard to get $25 for one on ebay..... millions around.

Back