Antique saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rocketnorton

rocketnorton

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I just bought this 031 av. The saw has never been used . The oil tank has never had oil in it . There is a few scrathes from being moved around for 30-40 years . Can anybody tell me what it is worth? If I had to guess the saw has only ran for minutes. Thanks
if I had it, id keep it. I worked on a friends 030, in nice shape like that one, was his dad's, rip. nfs. I wanted it, at least I got to run it...

67L36Driver
Greg, wouldn't that be taken care of with the correct recoil?

Or am I just tired and not thinking straight this morning?

IIRC the recoil on the Wards/Hoffco 480 (PP AH-480 engine) could be assembled to rotate crank either direction. Wind pulley opposite, flop recoil spring, reposition ratchet dog etc. But, you would need to rotate the magneto pickup so you had the proper timing to run.

TALLGUY

TALLGUY

ArboristSite Operative
I think the block and cranks would be the same. The timing is infinate adjustable so that would be the trick. Wrong side of TDC would be bad. Even of the crank end is diffrent swap the crank. I just did one on a toro snowblower. They are the younger cousin. Needle bearings are joyful.

Mr. Bow Saw

Mr. Bow Saw

Addicted to ArboristSite
TALLGUY

TALLGUY

ArboristSite Operative
Does this count as antique or just vintage? Craftsman 1200 b. 46154R ser # it turns over. Just had to help it a nudge with a wrench. Complete except flywheel cover.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390172300745.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390172300745.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 32
67L36Driver
Thanks to Chainsawlady!

She sent me an original owner/operator manual. From what I'm reading in it and observing on the beast the pup has automatic oiling! Yikes!

Appears to be a variation on the pressurized tank system like Remingtons, Lombards and Roper.

And, per the owners book, the minimum compression for service is 55 psi!

Edit: Indian runs (sorta) and cuts (sorta). And, he has automatic chain oiler. Must be the De-Lux model.

Last edited:
CR888

CR888

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Here is a Solo Rex 125 I got from Germany. It Came from a Fire Department in a little village named Welchweiler of a 150 residents.
Has good spark and compression. I need to clean the carb and it should run again. I put the Bow bar on it.

that saw is pure class with pedegree!:bowdown:

CR888

CR888

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Factory fire engine red.....:bowdown:lt must go faster...definately no port job needed on that saw....it may even be a sin! Thats a saw you look at and just have to accept you'll never own one:( kinda leaves you sad really. l'm sure mr.bow takes care of her real good...she does look happy.

Latest posts