Antique saw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After looking at the pictures again, I noticed the casting numbers inside by where the air filter would be and seen the numbers 350C. There were some Lancaster 350 saws so I would think it is one of those versions of the 350. Do you have the air filter or is it MIA? It is probably a Tillotson HL carb so that should not be difficult to rebuild.

Cbfarmall has a Lancaster something like that and I have run it once. Pretty strong old saw and has 7/16" pitch chain on it if I recall.

You might send him a PM and see if he can identify it for you.

Whats the story on the Titan saw laying there?

Coming from a Jamoke from the Peoples Republik of Illinois. :ices_rofl:

Glad to see you posting Jay, hope things are good. I'm pissed at ya for missing our GTG, ya know that. :laugh:

We missed ya!

I understand my good friend. I ain't been the same since my son passed away. Been near two years, just starting to get back in the saddle, proper wise. Miss this place, ya know I spent enough time here. Just checking things out to see if they're still hospitable. You were the first person I contacted and reached out to. I always trusted you with my life, not sure why you ol' curmudgeon!

I understand all that, believe me. Did you ever get that stick shift put back together? I'm pulling whats left of my hair out on a Carter ND carb on a Remington, but I think it got the best of me..

Nope, the stick shift is still a basket case but, with all the proper NOS parts sourced and in hand. The Remington 990 is running but still floods terribly. I know the problem is a ten minute fix but, honestly it's a HUGE hurtle since Jon and I used to work on them together. The HL 26LCS is the only other needing work. All else are sill in great running order. I guess I still have some good ones, not sure, times change. I'd guess the Mac 125's, especially the 101b and the big Homelites still have a following, I honestly don't know. The big Stihls and Huskies, as well. I honestly don't know. I just hope I didn't loose much rebuilding them all after sourcing all those obsolete OEM parts across across 48 States. Although, that was most of the fun. Oh, I forgot, large Echo's as well!!

I will big brother, keep in touch. I still covet some of your old school Poulon saw favorites, especially a few in red clothes.

Why would they not do so themselves? Not trying to be a pain but, it's an essential part of the program. If you don't do so, certainly you'll get no better at it.

J, I think 1978's post was a bit tongue in cheek about Philbert being the resident chain sharping guru after all the threads he dose on them.

You are 100% spot on though about doing the youself, a lot here have not a clue about sharpening a big ole chipper chain, let alone a scratcher. :laugh:

As for the old saws in question, I would like to see the others he speaks of, nothing pictured hold much of my interest.

Why would they not do so themselves? Not trying to be a pain but, it's an essential part of the program. If you don't do so, certainly you'll get no better at it.
There is a "wink smiley" in my post. ;)

J, I think 1978's post was a bit tongue in cheek about Philbert being the resident chain sharping guru after all the threads he dose on them. ...
^-^-^- That! -^-^-^

It was supposed to be funny. :)

After looking at the pictures again, I noticed the casting numbers inside by where the air filter would be and seen the numbers 350C. There were some Lancaster 350 saws so I would think it is one of those versions of the 350. Do you have the air filter or is it MIA? It is probably a Tillotson HL carb so that should not be difficult to rebuild.

Cbfarmall has a Lancaster something like that and I have run it once. Pretty strong old saw and has 7/16" pitch chain on it if I recall.

You might send him a PM and see if he can identify it for you.

Whats the story on the Titan saw laying there?

Thanks for the info! The Titan is another project. I believe it's a model 52.

Well, I just must apologize. I guess this old curmudgeon has been away to long, things going over my head right and left.

....You are 100% spot on though about doing the youself, a lot here have not a clue about sharpening a big ole chipper chain, let alone a scratcher. :laugh:

Perhaps, I assumed sharpening big chippers and scratchers might be a prerequisite for posting on an antique saw thread, silly me. I must admit I suck on square chisel or race chains in general, although that's not my bag. I have to talk to you about some of the old goats that used to hang here in my time. I hope they're all OK. BillG, Thall, ...., etc, etc.

Latest posts

Back