Antique tractors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
52 8N down with electrical

Early 50's ferguson with front loader- its down too

No time to work on either one, but I need them running!!!

Is that a 9n or a 2n?

1940 9N. 2N are nearly the same. Some war year 2Ns had steel wheels, magneto ign, no battery, and hand crank starters. Generators could be 2- or 3- brush, with or without voltage regulators, respectively. The latter just had battery cutouts and output adjusted with the 3rd brush manually.

52 8N down with electrical

Early 50's ferguson with front loader- its down too

No time to work on either one, but I need them running!!!
What is up with the 8N electrics?

These were lifted off YT and Just8Ns website

8N wiring.jpg8N 12V conv.jpg

Attachments

• 8N 12V conversion.jpg
    8N 12V conversion.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 8N 12V conversion.jpg
    8N 12V conversion.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 0
When did Ford stop using the "red tiger" engine that I think was first put in the NAA/Jubilee?

1950 Farmall Cub, restored in '95 starting with bare engine block on an engine stand, everything that needed replacing was replaced, all painted as it went together. Hydraulics, full cultivator set including fertilizer side-dressing attachment, sickle mower, 2 plows with different mold-boards. It and a Gravely L-model do the garden work depending what fits between the rows.

That is a clean super A!
It has a pretty cushy life these days. Works about 20 hours in an average snow year, otherwise lives indoors at my neighbor's in return for plowing their yard. I've had it about 20 years and as far as I know I'm the 3rd owner. The original owner had a small farm, and the folks I bought it from used it much as I do.

It's nearly original other than the coil, sealed beams and muffler.

Latest posts

Back