Antique tractors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love me some antique tractors. We use them to farm with and more recently started collecting. Dad and I have 15 I think, mostly the old letter series Cases but I have a B John Deere 2 Massey Fergusons and a Cub as well.

Attachments

• IMG_6525.jpg
    IMG_6525.jpg
    408.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Trio.PNG
    Trio.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • JD.PNG
    JD.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
I've been running and fixing the same 82 year old 1940 9N for 40 years now. Still original 6V + ground electrics. Used the rotary cutter last week on 10 acres. Have lots of original Ferguson /Dearborn implements I use.

Also not antique but a 72 Ford 2000 gasser, live PTO and locking diffy.

Last two days was working on a relatives 1953 Ford NAA. It's sicker than we thought. Lost compression in #2 and 3. Pretty sure it's the head gasket.

Hilltown fair last week had a whole bunch, mostly IH

View attachment 1015548
Idk if you would call it antique but I just finished building a 9n with a 48 Flathead v8 in it. Back in the day you could buy a kit with a bellhousing adapter. I made mine but it it came out cool. I take it to the local tractor shows or just ride it to town to get a cup of coffee

Idk if you would call it antique but I just finished building a 9n with a 48 Flathead v8 in it. Back in the day you could buy a kit with a bellhousing adapter. I made mine but it it came out cool. I take it to the local tractor shows or just ride it to town to get a cup of coffee
Which engine did you use?

These tractors aren’t antiques, they’re just well seasoned lol.

In my stable I have an Avery A, R and V. Almost an entire alphabet of Farmalls with a WD9 Orchard being likely the neatest. I’ve a couple older Deeres that I use. An 830 Diesel lives on the grinder mixer and a 730 Diesel narrow front pulls auger duty all winter long. Pony motor start and away it goes.

Moline R, Z, and a couple BF’s along with a couple BF’s in Grey. Boy oh boy I love old junk lol. I need to spend more time with all the old gals !!

Don't know if my 2 M9000's are considered antiques but they aren't going anywhere and I do farm with both of them and bought the cab model new in 2002 and the open station one 2 years ago and it's a 2001. Don't know what is considered an antique besides me....

Attachments

• 100_0010 (1).JPG
    100_0010 (1).JPG
    397.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_0013 (1).JPG
    100_0013 (1).JPG
    404.7 KB · Views: 0
The 3020 was a decent tractor. Unfortunately I found the 2020 to be gutless
We had a 2020 Utility gas. We pulled the sprayer with it. It took 50HP just to run the fan at speed. The 2020 would slow a but going uphill, but did well. only problem was it sucked gas like a john deere, and wore out long before an IH __66 or 86 Diesel engine. When I got a (japanese) JD5500N, it never slowed down going uphill with a fulltank in the sprayer.

You won't ever find any gas tractors here, never will. Heck, even my lawnmower is a diesel. Gas motors don't provide enough torque rise to make them worthwhile for a farming operation. Diesel tractors are also way more efficient in fuel consumption as well.

The best thing the 2020 had was a strong loader and super loose power steering. All the Deeres I used of that era had loose steering. Try driving a single front wheel 2510 down the road in high gear.

And what is this veil on the engine? First photo
The guy I bought it from had a plastic bag tied around the mag probably to keep rain out of it. In my experience that is worse than just leaving it in the open, just creates a place for moisture to harbor and not be able to evaporate.

Back